• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

suggestions along the route pls

the Wizard of Oz
I'm heading from Chicago to Glacier NP then taking a left to go down to Challis Idaho for the hot springs, then returning east via Red Lodge in August. My basic plan is to go up thru the Twin Cities, catch a ball game if the twinkles happen to be at home and keep going left on the slab until it gets pretty.

Whadda ya got that I oughtta do instead / in addition?:dance

SW Wisconsin has some of the best riding roads in the area: http://driftlessdestinations.com/

I ride them often. If you want a riding buddy for the day...look me up

I can't help much with Tourist destinations.

One suggestion is if you are going to the Twins Game, park at the MOA and take the Light Rail.

Park in the ramp & stash your gear in a locker. Makes life a lot easier.

Joe

My suggestions would add a few miles but . . .

1. From Glacier continue west and cross the panhandle of Idaho via Lolo Pass (US 12). Magnificent riding!
2. A little south of Glacier, be sure and ride both Chief Joseph Highway and Beartooth Pass. Both are on most motorcyclists' bucket lists, and you will hate yourself if you are nearby and do not ride them.

thx!

SW Wisconsin has some of the best riding roads in the area: http://driftlessdestinations.com/

I ride them often. If you want a riding buddy for the day...look me up

I can't help much with Tourist destinations.

One suggestion is if you are going to the Twins Game, park at the MOA and take the Light Rail.

Park in the ramp & stash your gear in a locker. Makes life a lot easier.

Joe
Thanx, Joe!! and will do if I get a couple days to ride before August...reality still bites

thx!

My suggestions would add a few miles but . . .

1. From Glacier continue west and cross the panhandle of Idaho via Lolo Pass (US 12). Magnificent riding!
2. A little south of Glacier, be sure and ride both Chief Joseph Highway and Beartooth Pass. Both are on most motorcyclists' bucket lists, and you will hate yourself if you are nearby and do not ride them.
I was thru Lolo in '98 when the nat'l was in Misoula, and u R right!! I'd forgotten about CJ, and The Beartooth is in my plans!!!

While in Glacier there's restaurant near St Mary's lake worth stopping at, Two Dog Flats Grille. There's a small motel there as well, Rising Sun Motor Inn. Great place to stop for the scenery and the walk to food convenience!

In Red Lodge many moons ago we were approached by a Native American who asked if the could do a dance for our bike. He did, and to this day I regret thinking he was just going to ask for money. He wasn't, and never did. Our bike got a nice dance to keep us safe and I learned a valuable lesson in judgement.

Back