• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lost item at 2019 rally

bmrrdr

First off I had a great time at the rally! If anyone found a Illium kickstand plate for a 2016 1200 GS. With lowered suspension. I lost one. Somehow I didn’t get home with it. It would have been in a blue bag with a MotoQuest luggage tag., if so please contact me @ 5017334928. Much appreciated!

Looked through the box of Lost & Found brought to the MOA office an it isn't there - sorry.

First off I had a great time at the rally! If anyone found a Illium kickstand plate for a 2016 1200 GS. With lowered suspension. I lost one. Somehow I didn’t get home with it. It would have been in a blue bag with a MotoQuest luggage tag., if so please contact me @ 5017334928. Much appreciated!

Watch found

I found an all black watch in a restroom/shower on top of a hand dryer. It was three AM I turned it in to a Sheriff's deputy the next morning. He told me that he had just talked to a guy looking for a watch. He took it and went to find the guy. I hope he got his watch back. The deputy told me if he could not find him he would turn it in to lost and found. i checked lost and found later and it was not there

I believe I know the complete story, from a couple of different interactions with the fellow from Santa Barbara CA.

He has it back, acquired Sunday morning of departure.

He initially felt it was stolen instead of misplaced, and went through the MOA channels (security/lost & found) and a County Sheriffs report.

Just coincidence that both of you approached the same Deputy; but the watch made it to lost & found...
where it went into hiding under a stack of papers until the last moment.

I ran into him camping over in NC near the Cherohala Skyway, where he was still elated!

Folks going for showers at 3am, largely because of the lack of adequate facilities for our members was a contributing factor in this chain of events.

"travel'n" John

I am ecstatic and elated that the watch in question was returned to its owner, but I do have to say that when somebody leaves their watch in a bathroom and then assumes it was stolen that person needs to get a little better grip on personal responsibility. The notion that it is always somebody else's fault gets my dander up every time.

I considered leaving it where it was, however I knew what my intentions were from the start. The intentions of the next guy to see it may have not been so good.

I am ecstatic and elated that the watch in question was returned to its owner, but I do have to say that when somebody leaves their watch in a bathroom and then assumes it was stolen that person needs to get a little better grip on personal responsibility. The notion that it is always somebody else's fault gets my dander up every time.

I agree. Lay something down in a public area and call it stolen when you go look for it seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Not many people would have made any effort to get it to it's owner, at least in most circumstances. If it had been a public restroom, out on the road and not at a rally it probably would be on someone else's wrist.

The person in question might have gotten wrapped up in the investigation of a neighboring tent that did have articles stolen also close to those tents was a family with children where complaints of loud arguments and possible chid beatings were overheard.

Stolen stuff and child abuse at a BMW rally? You guys were telling everyone how safe the place would be!

Back