• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thanx to the beer garden crew...

kychris02

In my opinion... Mad Dog and crew put on a memorable beer hall show this year. The beer selections were varied, cold and tasty. Having Yuengling on the domestic truck was nice and I really enjoyed the Amber and IPA on the microbrew truck. Best of all, $3 for a brew was a nice surprise. Thanx for the effort and for getting it right this year. :dance

In my opinion... Mad Dog and crew put on a memorable beer hall show this year. The beer selections were varied, cold and tasty. Having Yuengling on the domestic truck was nice and I really enjoyed the Amber and IPA on the microbrew truck. Best of all, $3 for a brew was a nice surprise. Thanx for the effort and for getting it right this year. :dance

:thumb Porter!

My only complaint, and I think the beer team was mislead, was the cups were not really 16 fl.oz., rather they were 13.25 fl.oz. The ones I had were labeled as 0.4L, or 400ml, which is 13.25 fl.oz. Just something to keep an eye on in the future. Still, $3 for a beer out at a rally is darn cheap, for regular swill, as well as the good ones, which was great. No two tickets for the good beers!!

The selections were indeed awesome. The Porter was the one I kept going back to. I totally enjoyed my shift in the beer garden and look forward to next year.

IMG_2254.jpg

As I look at your picture of the cup I see a line next to the 0.4 which makes me wonder if that is how much to that line. I was one of the volunteers pouring and we filled the cups to the top which could account for the difference. Regardless it was a good beer for the price.

16 oz cups

MAD DOG here:

I wish to respond to the "16 oz. cup" issue, as this came up SEVERAL times over the weekend. { By the way, I'm just getting home on this Wednesday} The cups were INDEED 16 oz. That is what it said on the case, and when challenged, I took a 16.9 oz bottle of water, and poured it to the brim. 16 oz., with a bit of water still in the bottle. We endeavored to pour right to the top as much as possible. Having volunteers that do not do this for a living is a challenge. Your 0.4L line is a classic european line, and we went past it. Regardless, try getting a BUD 16 oz at a sporting event for $3.00, let alone a 6.9 ABV Porter.
Glad to have given you all a great BG this year

MAD DOG 2019 Lebanon BG Chair:drink

My only complaint, and I think the beer team was mislead, was the cups were not really 16 fl.oz., rather they were 13.25 fl.oz. The ones I had were labeled as 0.4L, or 400ml, which is 13.25 fl.oz. Just something to keep an eye on in the future. Still, $3 for a beer out at a rally is darn cheap, for regular swill, as well as the good ones, which was great. No two tickets for the good beers!!

The selections were indeed awesome. The Porter was the one I kept going back to. I totally enjoyed my shift in the beer garden and look forward to next year.

View attachment 74480

Hi Dave: Love having you an d Cheryl back year after year, with the rest of the "Meese?" Thank you for your help.
MD

Biergarten volunteers

MAD DOG here again:

Having throttled down this Wednesday afternoon back home in Ct., {with a Yeungling BTW!} I would like to give a big shout-out to EVERYONE ! who volunteered to help in the BG. Always great to see old time clubs step up for one more time, always great to see individuals return, and certainly first timers. We never had a shift that was understaffed, and that helps me greatly, as I also have to change out taps, and solve "issues" from time to time. Thank you all very much, ride safely, and I hope to see you at Great Falls.

next year

MAD DOG here again:

Having throttled down this Wednesday afternoon back home in Ct., {with a Yeungling BTW!} I would like to give a big shout-out to EVERYONE ! who volunteered to help in the BG. Always great to see old time clubs step up for one more time, always great to see individuals return, and certainly first timers. We never had a shift that was understaffed, and that helps me greatly, as I also have to change out taps, and solve "issues" from time to time. Thank you all very much, ride safely, and I hope to see you at Great Falls.

MD - This year I got the hang of filling the cups without too much foam. I had a blast helping out! I am hoping to get there next year - should know by about Feb. or March. If I'm there, I'll help out on Thursday night on the 8:00 to midnite shift again. There, there's your first volunteer! :D

Louise

Hi Dave: Love having you an d Cheryl back year after year, with the rest of the "Meese?" Thank you for your help.
MD

Jim, mark us and the Mooses down for Wednesday next year, and you can put me down for Saturday during the closing ceremonies too. I'm sure I can muster a couple others to help, Scoobie, that means you! I think I saw my last closing ceremony this year - that's two hours of my life I'll never get back... Pouring beer makes far more sense.

Good to know you tested the cups just to make sure. I guess the 400ml line is a "minimum pour" line for places that have to have that.

Beer Selection

MAD DOG here:
You can thank this year's distributor, who worked closely with us on the craft beer selections. The IPA and Porter came from Blackstone in Nashville. The Amber and Lager came from Nashville in Nashville. { Clever name, no?}

MAD DOG 2019 BG Chair:drink

To Mad Dawg and his crew of beer swilling misfits.... salute to a job well done! :beer:beer

Thanks Reece; I resemble that remark!

The MADPUP had me for two of the 8 - midnight's before reporting to you in Security at 7:45a each morning.

Though my fun meter never actually pegged... I won't do it that way again!

"travel'n" John

Thanks Reece; I resemble that remark!

The MADPUP had me for two of the 8 - midnight's before reporting to you in Security at 7:45a each morning.

Though my fun meter never actually pegged... I won't do it that way again!

"travel'n" John

Seriously John, I am so humbled by your service to our club. It was great to see you again and you are truly a welcome addition to any volunteer committee. I was blessed to have ya.

Twin Valley Riders #284 (Roanoke Virginia) we all had a great time working the Friday afternoon shift in the beer garden. The craft beer guys were a lot busier than the domestic beer guys.
Thanks Mad Dawg and Pat Carol for your hard work and dedication!

Hank Pfister
Bent Mtn. VA
Twin Valley Riders
2014 R1200GS
1973 R75/5
1984 R100/Dnepr

Back