Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Thanx to the beer garden crew...

  1. #1
    Registered User kychris02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    50

    Thanx to the beer garden crew...

    In my opinion... Mad Dog and crew put on a memorable beer hall show this year. The beer selections were varied, cold and tasty. Having Yuengling on the domestic truck was nice and I really enjoyed the Amber and IPA on the microbrew truck. Best of all, $3 for a brew was a nice surprise. Thanx for the effort and for getting it right this year.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by kychris02 View Post
    In my opinion... Mad Dog and crew put on a memorable beer hall show this year. The beer selections were varied, cold and tasty. Having Yuengling on the domestic truck was nice and I really enjoyed the Amber and IPA on the microbrew truck. Best of all, $3 for a brew was a nice surprise. Thanx for the effort and for getting it right this year.
    Porter!
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  3. #3
    Registered Schmoozer irish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    221
    +1.
    14 R1200GS, 02 R1150RT (retired)

  4. #4
    bored, bored ... dlowry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Snow Country, ON, Canada
    Posts
    456
    My only complaint, and I think the beer team was mislead, was the cups were not really 16 fl.oz., rather they were 13.25 fl.oz. The ones I had were labeled as 0.4L, or 400ml, which is 13.25 fl.oz. Just something to keep an eye on in the future. Still, $3 for a beer out at a rally is darn cheap, for regular swill, as well as the good ones, which was great. No two tickets for the good beers!!

    The selections were indeed awesome. The Porter was the one I kept going back to. I totally enjoyed my shift in the beer garden and look forward to next year.

    IMG_2254.jpg
    Dave...
    ----------------
    15 R1200 RT, 12 G650GS
    83 Suzuki XN85 D Turbo

  5. #5
    Jerry Emhoff
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    southwest Michigan
    Posts
    88
    As I look at your picture of the cup I see a line next to the 0.4 which makes me wonder if that is how much to that line. I was one of the volunteers pouring and we filled the cups to the top which could account for the difference. Regardless it was a good beer for the price.
    Winter is coming

  6. #6

    16 oz cups

    MAD DOG here:

    I wish to respond to the "16 oz. cup" issue, as this came up SEVERAL times over the weekend. { By the way, I'm just getting home on this Wednesday} The cups were INDEED 16 oz. That is what it said on the case, and when challenged, I took a 16.9 oz bottle of water, and poured it to the brim. 16 oz., with a bit of water still in the bottle. We endeavored to pour right to the top as much as possible. Having volunteers that do not do this for a living is a challenge. Your 0.4L line is a classic european line, and we went past it. Regardless, try getting a BUD 16 oz at a sporting event for $3.00, let alone a 6.9 ABV Porter.
    Glad to have given you all a great BG this year

    MAD DOG 2019 Lebanon BG Chair

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dlowry View Post
    My only complaint, and I think the beer team was mislead, was the cups were not really 16 fl.oz., rather they were 13.25 fl.oz. The ones I had were labeled as 0.4L, or 400ml, which is 13.25 fl.oz. Just something to keep an eye on in the future. Still, $3 for a beer out at a rally is darn cheap, for regular swill, as well as the good ones, which was great. No two tickets for the good beers!!

    The selections were indeed awesome. The Porter was the one I kept going back to. I totally enjoyed my shift in the beer garden and look forward to next year.

    IMG_2254.jpg
    Hi Dave: Love having you an d Cheryl back year after year, with the rest of the "Meese?" Thank you for your help.
    MD

  8. #8
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Porter!
    That's what I got.
    When I was served the first day the guy asked if I needed a knife or spoon with it
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  9. #9

    Biergarten volunteers

    MAD DOG here again:

    Having throttled down this Wednesday afternoon back home in Ct., {with a Yeungling BTW!} I would like to give a big shout-out to EVERYONE ! who volunteered to help in the BG. Always great to see old time clubs step up for one more time, always great to see individuals return, and certainly first timers. We never had a shift that was understaffed, and that helps me greatly, as I also have to change out taps, and solve "issues" from time to time. Thank you all very much, ride safely, and I hope to see you at Great Falls.

    MAD DOG 2019 Lebanon BG Chair

  10. #10
    Rapunzel NewEnglander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    140

    next year

    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    MAD DOG here again:

    Having throttled down this Wednesday afternoon back home in Ct., {with a Yeungling BTW!} I would like to give a big shout-out to EVERYONE ! who volunteered to help in the BG. Always great to see old time clubs step up for one more time, always great to see individuals return, and certainly first timers. We never had a shift that was understaffed, and that helps me greatly, as I also have to change out taps, and solve "issues" from time to time. Thank you all very much, ride safely, and I hope to see you at Great Falls.

    MAD DOG 2019 Lebanon BG Chair
    MD - This year I got the hang of filling the cups without too much foam. I had a blast helping out! I am hoping to get there next year - should know by about Feb. or March. If I'm there, I'll help out on Thursday night on the 8:00 to midnite shift again. There, there's your first volunteer!

    Louise

  11. #11
    bored, bored ... dlowry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Snow Country, ON, Canada
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Hi Dave: Love having you an d Cheryl back year after year, with the rest of the "Meese?" Thank you for your help.
    MD
    Jim, mark us and the Mooses down for Wednesday next year, and you can put me down for Saturday during the closing ceremonies too. I'm sure I can muster a couple others to help, Scoobie, that means you! I think I saw my last closing ceremony this year - that's two hours of my life I'll never get back... Pouring beer makes far more sense.

    Good to know you tested the cups just to make sure. I guess the 400ml line is a "minimum pour" line for places that have to have that.
    Dave...
    ----------------
    15 R1200 RT, 12 G650GS
    83 Suzuki XN85 D Turbo

  12. #12
    skibum69 skibum69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Melbourne, NL
    Posts
    911
    Had a good time pouring on Wednesday, if I end up there next year I'll pour again.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

  13. #13
    Shawn 130511's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Huntsburg, OH
    Posts
    12
    mmmm, that porter...

    i-jBqHJWx-XL.jpg
    Current Bike: 2016 r1200gs "Triple Black"
    Previous Bike: 1991 BMW k75rt "Graphite"

  14. #14

    Beer Selection

    MAD DOG here:
    You can thank this year's distributor, who worked closely with us on the craft beer selections. The IPA and Porter came from Blackstone in Nashville. The Amber and Lager came from Nashville in Nashville. { Clever name, no?}

    MAD DOG 2019 BG Chair

  15. #15
    Registered User powwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    433
    $3 for an outstanding Porter...what's not to love!

    Great job, beer crew.
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

Similar Threads

  1. MOA Beer Garden at SLC
    By MADDOG in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 05-04-2017, 02:06 PM
  2. The Beer Garden thanks you
    By MADDOG in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 12:38 PM
  3. The Beer Garden needs YOU !
    By MADDOG in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 02:38 AM
  5. Beer Garden
    By BeerTeam in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 02:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •