Thread: R 1250RT Communication System.

R 1250RT Communication System.

I have the above bike and am having numerous challenges with the communication system. Telephone works well, navigation prompts work well, but the FM radio and Sirius radio is not clear at the best of times. It will even go dead every once in a while. Getting this system working has been a real challenge for me and the dealership seems unable to help me. Any suggestions! NB RIDER.

The RT audio system has been the bane of many a rider. But, it is 2019, and FM and Sirius is so 2010!

I just put a couple thousand MP3s into my Nav 5 and cell phone and stream music that I like without any interruption. YMMV.

I do think the quality of reception varies with your location and the quality of your antenna (including the ground plane). Too bad your dealer is shooting blanks on this one.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgtl1600e View Post
    I have the above bike and am having numerous challenges with the communication system. Telephone works well, navigation prompts work well, but the FM radio and Sirius radio is not clear at the best of times. It will even go dead every once in a while. Getting this system working has been a real challenge for me and the dealership seems unable to help me. Any suggestions! NB RIDER.
    Here is good and honest suggestion. As a new owner/member of a "Wethead RT", you might find more information and opinions about it in the following sub-forum: https://forums.bmwmoa.org/forumdisplay.php?103-Wetheads Bookmark it and go there about specific questions with this model. You'll be glad you did.

You're beyond help until you tell us which helmet bluetooth device you have.

In any event, the full features are unlikely to occur unless you have the BMW Communicator attached to your helmet.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S