Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2019 R 1250 RT Cruise Control

Quote Originally Posted by craigjv4 View Post
    Sometimes I roll the grip forward to turn off cruise then roll back on quickly to maintain speed. Do this fast enough and there is not much if any engine braking. You really don't have to roll on/off that quickly to keep her smooth.
    That's how I like to do it too. It can be pretty smooth actually.

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Question

...do you's guy's know that by "very lightly" moving in the clutch lever... that the cruise dis-engages? You can't even call the action required... pulling-in.

Because your not affecting the actual clutch operation.
    It's a recognition method for cruise disengagement BMW has built in to avoid brake action (and light) and the "OFF" selection.

Try simply matching throttle to speed and taking this step, you'll be impressed.

"travel'n" John
    2015 GS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    "Lighten up, Francis."

Sgt. Hulka
    Scott Taranovich
    McKinney, Texas
    2019 R1250RT

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgtl1600e View Post
    When I am in cruise control I am not able to accelerate unless if I cancel cruse control. If this is the way the system works then I see it as a safety hazard. I have never had a motorcycle that worked this way before. Is this normal or should I have it looked at?
    Did you ever get this sorted?
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    ...do you's guy's know that by "very lightly" moving in the clutch lever... that the cruise dis-engages? You can't even call the action required... pulling-in.

Because your not affecting the actual clutch operation.
    It's a recognition method for cruise disengagement BMW has built in to avoid brake action (and light) and the "OFF" selection.

Try simply matching throttle to speed and taking this step, you'll be impressed.

"travel'n" John
    2015 GS
    Right on, John. You just need to barely move the lever: the clutch doesnít disengage, and you donít have to touch the throttle. Super smooth.

That's how I do it and arrived at that method intuitively. Just the slightest pressure on the clutch lever and you're smoothly out. One of my major pet peeves on the slab is when folk tap the brake to get out of Cruise Control. Too many times I've seen this create a chain reaction of brake lights. Grrrrrrr......

Quote Originally Posted by wbrownell9 View Post
    I personally don't care for canceling it by rolling off.
    Just so you know in case you don't there is nothing necessary about engine braking when you cancel CC by rolling off--the trick is to roll-off then immediately return the throttle to where it was prior to rolling off--really it's one integrated action. It's all I ever do once I learned it. It's pretty much the same action I do for clutch-less shifting since I don't have Shift Assist Pro. It took a while to return the throttle just right but I can clutch-less shift with almost zero hitch in the get along bearing.