• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Clutch lever replacement - 2016 R1200gsa

aswalcher

I replaced my clutch lever with a non-OEM part and now I need to be in Neutral for starting the engine as well as changing the riding Mode regardless if I pull the clutch lever in or not. Has anyone experienced this or know the cause and correction?

You need to look at how the OEM lever contacted the clutch switch and how the after market lever contacts it differently. The new lever is failing to activate the clutch switch. The devil, as always, is in the details.

Welcome to the forum! Let us know what you find out..it might help someone else down the line. BTW...who was the manufacturer of the clutch lever? Maybe someone has used this part and we might be able to find info elsewhere on the forum.

I bought a cheap set of Shorty Chinese Levers and had a similar/same problem.

I measured the difference between the Stock Levers Switch Actuation Tabs and the Shorty lever tabs, the Shorty Lever Tab was about .005 less than stock.
I added a piece of Mylar Tape to the tab and it has worked fine for 8,000 miles including a run up the Dalton to Prudhoe Bay. Still working here in Whittier and i expect it to work the rest of the way home. JSNS

Back