Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Rally Attendance 6,018

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by spcschwartzy View Post
    I enjoyed the rally, the one suggestion is that the rally makes a point of saying that it is a great time to explore the surrounding area. But they only have vendors open during daytime hours 9am to 5 or 6pm prime hours for touring making members choose between exploring the area or patronizing the vendors. Why not have vendors open during the evening? Like other motorcycle shows.
    I agree yes and no. The rally is 3 days. Ride 2 and 1 not. Or ride 2-1/2 and 1/2 not. And the outside vendors were open into the evenings. We did G.E.A.R.S for the young riders for two days and I still found time to spend more than anticipated at the vendors.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 101905 View Post
    BMW corporate stopped caring about us years ago including making us change our club name. Now no one outside the gates knows what MOA stands for and that is ridiculous.
    It stands for Mostly Old A$$holes.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    124
    Until ....the "princess and the patty" as it is now being called, got into with the Lions Club.

    I'd be interested to hear more about this.

  4. #19
    Registered User jandhumphreyme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Maine
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    It stands for Mostly Old A$$holes.
    Who you calling old?
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhumphreyme View Post
    Who you calling old?



  6. #21
    Watch This!!! junkjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    6,019
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhumphreyme View Post
    Who you calling old?
    John Simonds
    2017 R 1200 GS Adventure
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

  7. #22
    Registered User WWeldin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Lilburn, GA
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by fmdualexhaust View Post
    Until ....the "princess and the patty" as it is now being called, got into with the Lions Club.

    I'd be interested to hear more about this.

    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

  8. #23
    Registered User clowry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Flesherton, ON
    Posts
    2,077
    Seriously, the princess and the patty? Who's calling it that, and why? That was a friend of mine. She wanted a sub-par meal component replaced and all he** broke loose. Badly handled on the part of the vendor, IMHO.

  9. #24
    Still learning groop1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    OC, CA
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by roostershooter View Post
    This was my first rally since Billings. I enjoyed it very much. The only negative that I experienced was dodging the golf cart that was piloted by a drinking driver. Surely the MOA has a policy against drinking and driving of golf carts or shuttles by volunteers or MOA personnel?
    As someone who volunteered and drove the shuttle truck for 4 hours Wednesday, I can only speak for the shuttle drivers to say that, yes, we were asked (or at least I was asked ) not to drink beforehand. Most of the tan golf carts were managed by the chairs. The green carts were mostly the gophers, and there were several that were owned/driven by those that were not volunteers.

  10. #25
    Registered User YeehaStephen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by groop1 View Post
    ...and there were several that were owned/driven by those that were not volunteers.
    I understand the need for some to have extra wheels to get around but the Bad Apples always seem to get the nasty press. This needs to be addressed soon or everyone will lose the privilege.

    The ATV/Quad fever has gotten so bad in spots that except foot travel and event trolleys, everything has been banned (Including skate boards and roller blades). I had season tickets to Texas Motor Speedway (NASCAR) and it only took one season for the "Apples" to get them banned.

    Think about it.

    SS
    Yeeha! Stephen
    R1200RS, R1200RT, R1200R, (R1150RT = Donated To Charity)
    "Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie?!" Miss Vicki @ Lost Maples Cafe - Utopia Texas

  11. #26
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,323
    Quote Originally Posted by spcschwartzy View Post
    I enjoyed the rally, the one suggestion is that the rally makes a point of saying that it is a great time to explore the surrounding area. But they only have vendors open during daytime hours 9am to 5 or 6pm prime hours for touring making members choose between exploring the area or patronizing the vendors. Why not have vendors open during the evening? Like other motorcycle shows.
    This has been discussed with the vendors on several occasions and the vast majority want to keep the current schedule. They have to be open during the day and most don't have the staff to cover into the evening without putting in 12 hour days. Manning a booth is a lot of hard work if you've never done it, and they want their evenings off. For the indoor vendors it has to be an all or nothing decision since if anyone were to stay open late others would have to do so or risk exposing their booth to theft. This is not just my opinion but based on conversations we had with the vendors when I was the 2017 Salt Lake Rally Chair.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Foundation Secretary, Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  12. #27
    '99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    This has been discussed with the vendors on several occasions and the vast majority want to keep the current schedule. They have to be open during the day and most don't have the staff to cover into the evening without putting in 12 hour days. Manning a booth is a lot of hard work if you've never done it, and they want their evenings off. For the indoor vendors it has to be an all or nothing decision since if anyone were to stay open late others would have to do so or risk exposing their booth to theft. This is not just my opinion but based on conversations we had with the vendors when I was the 2017 Salt Lake Rally Chair.
    Same discussions and opinions with, and from, Rally vendors took place as far back as 1999, and probably further back. For the vendors who wish to operate extended hours there is always the option to be an "outdoor" vendor.

    Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Similar Threads

  1. rally attendance
    By MTHelmet in forum Campfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2016, 09:34 PM
  2. Rally attendance
    By MTHelmet in forum Campfire
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 04:01 PM
  3. Rally attendance?
    By indygt in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 02:00 PM
  4. Rally Attendance
    By czee in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •