• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Attendance 6,018

Seriously, the princess and the patty? Who's calling it that, and why? That was a friend of mine. She wanted a sub-par meal component replaced and all he** broke loose. Badly handled on the part of the vendor, IMHO.

This was my first rally since Billings. I enjoyed it very much. The only negative that I experienced was dodging the golf cart that was piloted by a drinking driver. Surely the MOA has a policy against drinking and driving of golf carts or shuttles by volunteers or MOA personnel?

As someone who volunteered and drove the shuttle truck for 4 hours Wednesday, I can only speak for the shuttle drivers to say that, yes, we were asked (or at least I was asked :)) not to drink beforehand. Most of the tan golf carts were managed by the chairs. The green carts were mostly the gophers, and there were several that were owned/driven by those that were not volunteers.

...and there were several that were owned/driven by those that were not volunteers.

I understand the need for some to have extra wheels to get around but the Bad Apples always seem to get the nasty press. This needs to be addressed soon or everyone will lose the privilege.

The ATV/Quad fever has gotten so bad in spots that except foot travel and event trolleys, everything has been banned (Including skate boards and roller blades). I had season tickets to Texas Motor Speedway (NASCAR) and it only took one season for the "Apples" to get them banned.

Think about it.

SS

I enjoyed the rally, the one suggestion is that the rally makes a point of saying that it is a great time to explore the surrounding area. But they only have vendors open during daytime hours 9am to 5 or 6pm prime hours for touring making members choose between exploring the area or patronizing the vendors. Why not have vendors open during the evening? Like other motorcycle shows.

This has been discussed with the vendors on several occasions and the vast majority want to keep the current schedule. They have to be open during the day and most don't have the staff to cover into the evening without putting in 12 hour days. Manning a booth is a lot of hard work if you've never done it, and they want their evenings off. For the indoor vendors it has to be an all or nothing decision since if anyone were to stay open late others would have to do so or risk exposing their booth to theft. This is not just my opinion but based on conversations we had with the vendors when I was the 2017 Salt Lake Rally Chair.

This has been discussed with the vendors on several occasions and the vast majority want to keep the current schedule. They have to be open during the day and most don't have the staff to cover into the evening without putting in 12 hour days. Manning a booth is a lot of hard work if you've never done it, and they want their evenings off. For the indoor vendors it has to be an all or nothing decision since if anyone were to stay open late others would have to do so or risk exposing their booth to theft. This is not just my opinion but based on conversations we had with the vendors when I was the 2017 Salt Lake Rally Chair.

Same discussions and opinions with, and from, Rally vendors took place as far back as 1999, and probably further back. For the vendors who wish to operate extended hours there is always the option to be an "outdoor" vendor.

Friedle

Why not have vendors open during the evening? Like other motorcycle shows.

As one whom has both worked & attended trade shows, I would say they neither had enough people to staff a booth 18 hours a day nor have the energy to do it with how many they brought. I would also venture that budgets limit the number of people they can bring to staff a booth.

My .o2

Seriously, the princess and the patty? Who's calling it that, and why? That was a friend of mine. She wanted a sub-par meal component replaced and all he** broke loose. Badly handled on the part of the vendor, IMHO.

You wacky Canadians. Always stirring up trouble...……………. :rofl

Back