• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

R60 Torque Values

blackfly

Sled Doggs
Maybe I missed them, but I’m having a tough time locating torque settings for my ‘60 R60. Know where to find the specs? Tips?

Thanks.

In reality, head bolt and clutch bolts are probably the only thing that I actually a torque wrench on. Most everything else I just use my calibrated elbow...I get it as tight as it was coming off. Just my experience.

But I googled "bmw motorcycle torque settings" and found a few things. Interesting, I found an old post of mine for things on an R60...how cool is that!!!

http://vintagebmw.org/v7/node/5304

If you don't have much experience, then I guess you have to go with the numbers. But generally "tight enough" seems to work for me.

The last thing I want to do is muckle on to a 60-Y.O. bolt and yikes!

How about asking at BMW of Cambridge, the "Black Bike" people. Plenty of YB members know quite a bit about /2 machines. Are you on the YB forum?

Friedle

"Yankee Beemer" member, which the OP identified himself as a member of that club.

Friedle
a long time YB amongst other clubs

"Yankee Beemer" member, which the OP identified himself as a member of that club.

I hardly ever read what is a posters profile or whatever that is at the bottom on some posters replies.
I’m more interested in what they have to say.

I’m only of average intelligence and see more detail than some and less detail than others. I do not know what most abbreviations mean.

Now I also don’t know who the “Black Bike” people are. I can only guess that they are customers of BMW of Cambridge if that is a dealership.

I too am interested in “Torque Values” of which none of this is pertinent.

Charlie

Back