Thread: Husqvarna TR650 - Anyone still own?

Husqvarna TR650 - Anyone still own?

There are 2 Husqvarna TR650's for sale in my area, one is a Terra, the other a Strada. I have a pretty good knowledge of the various issues with this model (from reading Adventure Rider and Cafe Husky forums) and it's history from where Husqvarna has been to now being a part of KTM (well, really a sibling of KTM within a corporate structure).

I was just wanting to know if there are any MOA current owners of this model and what are their plans regarding keeping this bike. Would like to hear reasons you may sell or not sell.

There still seems to be OEM parts availability, but for how long, I am not sure. With a less than 2 year production of these bikes, I would think the quantity of OEM parts still available is small.
    2014 R1200 GSA (Sold: 1992 K75S, and many more)

Quote Originally Posted by k75s View Post
    There are 2 Husqvarna TR650's for sale in my area, one is a Terra, the other a Strada. I have a pretty good knowledge of the various issues with this model (from reading Adventure Rider and Cafe Husky forums) and it's history from where Husqvarna has been to now being a part of KTM (well, really a sibling of KTM within a corporate structure).

I was just wanting to know if there are any MOA current owners of this model and what are their plans regarding keeping this bike. Would like to hear reasons you may sell or not sell.

There still seems to be OEM parts availability, but for how long, I am not sure. With a less than 2 year production of these bikes, I would think the quantity of OEM parts still available is small.
    Afraid no one out there that is looking here has one. I have had good luck with BMW 650 powered bikes that have similar engines. I am moving on from the 650's and trying to make the 310 GS work for me. And so far it is. You may want to take a look at the Adventure Rider website that has individual threads for almost all models and see what they have to say. I would warn you, in my opinion, the Ad Riders get a little carried away on modifications and observations that may be at the extreme of what an ordinary rider may need. Then again its pretty entertaining. Caveat Emptor. Those Huskys always looked sharp.

Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI
    #71,449