Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shipping Bike- Sticker Shock

Quote Originally Posted by beemergirl View Post
    I've inquired about shipping via Haul Bikes, but they refuse to guarantee a delivery date, no matter how much time you give them.

If you're just shipping a bike and don't care when it arrives, you could be fine.
    This I think is how they undercut pricing from other shippers perhaps. $560 inc insurance from Paradise CA to Arvada CO in the dead of winter. Arrived within a day of projected.

Quote Originally Posted by ncpbmw1953 View Post
    This I think is how they undercut pricing from other shippers perhaps. $560 inc insurance from Paradise CA to Arvada CO in the dead of winter. Arrived within a day of projected.
    Mesa Az to Plymouth, Ma. 600.00 even after the 50.00 discount for military/police.

When I inquired about shipping a bike from Wisconsin to my location, Haul Bikes gave the same rate as nearly coast to coast my GT cost me.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

My two cents

Needing to ship my new to me 2017 R1200RT from Santa Barbara to San Antonio. Have used Keyboard twice before and really like their service. Quote was $750. They use pallets. Problem is they do LA but can't go to Santa Barbara. Intercity quote $895. They list Jay Leno as a client. AA Motorcycle quote $817, 7k insurance and use pallets. Federal quote $880, 10k insurance zero deductible. Motorcycle Shippers quote $749 without discount, 7k insurance. $50 discount as a member of bmwmoa. Haul Bikes quote $599, 15k insurance $500 deductible, strap down.
    I like the Haul bike price, but lots of complaints with pickup and delivery times/dates not meeting what was quoted. Seems to me that their problem is with the transfer locations. In my case its a layover at Las Vegas and Oklahoma. Not to keen on those extra strap downs and reloads. Since I'm still a working stiff and trying to keep the good deal I got on this bike a good deal, I'll spend the extra $100 and go with Motorcycle Shippers plus they make a point about shipping BMW's.

Sounds like a good decision if you can't move it by riding.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonblack View Post
    Needing to ship my new to me 2017 R1200RT from Santa Barbara to San Antonio. Have used Keyboard twice before and really like their service. Quote was $750. They use pallets. Problem is they do LA but can't go to Santa Barbara. Intercity quote $895. They list Jay Leno as a client. AA Motorcycle quote $817, 7k insurance and use pallets. Federal quote $880, 10k insurance zero deductible. Motorcycle Shippers quote $749 without discount, 7k insurance. $50 discount as a member of bmwmoa. Haul Bikes quote $599, 15k insurance $500 deductible, strap down.
    I like the Haul bike price, but lots of complaints with pickup and delivery times/dates not meeting what was quoted. Seems to me that their problem is with the transfer locations. In my case its a layover at Las Vegas and Oklahoma. Not to keen on those extra strap downs and reloads. Since I'm still a working stiff and trying to keep the good deal I got on this bike a good deal, I'll spend the extra $100 and go with Motorcycle Shippers plus they make a point about shipping BMW's.
    Welcome to the forum!
    While you probably haven’t received your anonymous book yet, there may be a member that can help facilitate moving the bike to a better location. Even better, oversee the loading process.
    Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
    Gary
    PS, if you haven’t received your A-book yet, a call to the office can speed it up.
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Thanks to all

One of the members posted a shipping reference. KMTransport. Went to his page and left my contact info. To my surprise he called about one hour later. This is on Sunday. He's a military vet that only does bikes. Home base is Houston. Quoted $500. Loads the bikes so last one on is first one off. Nice thing is you talk directly to him, no dispatch person that doesn't know what's going on with the bike.