• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ride the Ozarks after the BIG Rally

rguy

got, got, got no time...
Join us in Crane, MO the weekend after the MOA Rally in Lebanon, TN for a great riding time in the Missouri & Arkansas Ozarks. The MotoMo/Crane Rally is June 21 - 23 hosted by the Springfield BMW Roadriders. We have made arrangements with a nearby campground for camping in Galena, MO for earlier in the week if desired. See details at the bottom of the link. Hope to see you there!

https://springfieldbmwroadriders.com/crane-rally-1

Probably the 2 best hiways across north Arkansas is 14 and 16. You can pickup 14 in northeast at Wilson. Eat at the Wilson Cafe and head west. Stop in Dyess and check out Johnny Cash boyhood home. Keep heading west, cross Crowley's Ridge and keep heading west. Nice rolling
hills till you get close to Mountain View and the roads start to rock and roll. Stay on 14 to the end, then 65 north into Missouri and Crane.

If you want more rock and roll bypass 14. Take 64 west across east Arkansas. Find Searcy and get on 16 and head west, my favorite road in Arkansas. Take your choice heading north;
123, 7, 21, or 23 and head to Missouri and the rally. Just a little heads up on the Ozarks. Ride and enjoy. :thumb

Is there a bad road in the Ozarks?

I have ridden though various parts 3-4 times. I have yet to be disappointed. Coming from the north country we usually run a big loop, run down the Pig Trail, end up in Russellville, then head north east, eventually getting to Mammoth Springs, then head north to home. Some day I am going to take some time and ride all the roads!

If you cross over into Ar. on a major highway, it may have an Ar. Welcome Center. Stop and get the official Ar. Highway Map. It's a great map for showing the best highways for motorcycle riding. Some of the best roads are hilited in yellow and blue dots. Yellow is scenic highways and blue is scenic byways. That said some of the best roads aren't hilited, ex. highway 123; can't explain that. Usually the welcome centers have quite a few brochures dedicated to good motorcycle ride routes.:)

Back