• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

wiring diagram help

It sounds like you are looking for a switched power source. If you have something like the Clearwater canopener it is easy to get to a switched power source. You would use this, perhaps with a dash-mounted hardware switch, and a relay to provide power to the aux lights.

I have used the headlight low beam on k75s bikes (yellow wire) to get the switched power, thru a hardware switch and relay to power aux lights. A relay and fuse would be recommended for any aux lights.

If you get to the rally without getting the aux lights hooked up, I'll bet you could come by the airheads tent and someone will be able to help you set up your aux lights.

It sounds like you are looking for a switched power source. If you have something like the Clearwater canopener it is easy to get to a switched power source. You would use this, perhaps with a dash-mounted hardware switch, and a relay to provide power to the aux lights.

I have used the headlight low beam on k75s bikes (yellow wire) to get the switched power, thru a hardware switch and relay to power aux lights. A relay and fuse would be recommended for any aux lights.

If you get to the rally without getting the aux lights hooked up, I'll bet you could come by the airheads tent and someone will be able to help you set up your aux lights.

no problem with power source, this thing hooks to brakes, signals and horn and the diagram will tell which wire is which.

Should be:
Blue/Black: Right turn signal
Blue/Red:Left turn signal
Grey/Red: Tail light
Grey Black with Yellow dot: Brake
Brown: Ground

none of those colors match the wire colors on my bike, except the brown ground.
my 2015 gs adventure has right and left signals, horn, emergency flashers, cruise control and other stuff going into the left mutifunction module. anyone out there with the actual diagram for my specific year and model? appreciate it.

The Haynes manual for 2013 - 2016 BMW R1200GS motorcycles is available here -

https://haynes.com/en-us/bmw/r1200gs/2013-2016

One can purchase an on-line subscription for around $20 and print selected sections.

That is the only wiring diagram that I know of for wetheads.

good idea. bought it. wiring diagram not for gsa which was different in 2015 from other gs's they lump together. hoping their research guy can provide better info.

ps - thanks to all for suggestions.

fyi i have the basic lights working, just can't get them coordinated with the signals and alerts.

Back