• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcyclist Visibility

Visibility

New Helite Air vest I think it will also help people see me 478BDF79-86C0-4CA1-BF25-E1BEE3CE95C6.jpg56D90226-9CD7-4153-BBA5-021F9C46D053.jpg

Did not resize pictures so I am sideways but you get the idea

Hank..... daytime is when you NEED high beams on......ambient day light easily obscures moto "low" beams ‼️:thumb

Brownie,
I think with an LED headlight, 2 Denali driving lights, and the Skene Photon Blasters that I have daytime conspicuity covered quite well with my low beams. I think that using high beams would be annoying to oncoming traffic in daytime.

" … WWeldin
Skene magic box?
When you use the Skene controller with the D4 lights, does that mean they also have a conspicuity flicker? …"

WWeldin, the Skene Dimmer I control my driving lights with is a separate gizmo. It looks like the Photon Blaster and P3 Controllers but it is only for dimming LED lights. So my driving lights do not have the flicker.

If I were to go back in time (don't we wish), I would have ordered my Helite in the black version. I have additional lighting which makes the bike very visible.

Unfortunately, for me, the neon Helite all too often makes viewing the GPS almost impossible with the reflection on the screen. One bike has it mounted on a shelf above the dash and the other bike's mount is on the left handlebar. The latter position is the easiest to read.

High beams

Hank..... I would agree that you are more visible than my target audience: smallish sports bikes, scooters, machines without supet aux lites:thumb

Back