Thread: Coming soon: New F850GSA

Coming soon: New F850GSA

The decision has been made finally. I've been planning to replace my 09 F800GS sometime this year as a pre-retirement purchase and have been researching and agonizing over the choice of model. I have big plans for some rides over the next few years and wanted an newer bike with a few more modern features. As of last Friday, I have a new F850GS Rallye coming in. I was at the dealer to take another look at the floor model having pretty much made up my mind which bike I wanted, but was not in a huge rush to get it. I figured I'd like to have it later in the summer, but looking is a dangerous thing that often leads to buying. Its currently in the BMW Canada warehouse and will be headed to the dealer shortly for prep. They are going to swap a few items and add others to make the bike exactly what I requested. Today the salesman called with additional good news, BMW Canada just announced a $2000 accessory credit, so the adventure cases and Nav GPS are less than half price. In addition, I get the $750 discount for emergency workers.

I should have it before the end of the month.

I've already got a bunch of other gear ordered up for it and have a few other items to decide on to get it all set up as I want it. The F800GS is listed to sell, hopefully can clear it out of the garage or I'll have to get creative with the parking (which likely means my truck will have to live outdoors).
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2019 F850GSA

Quote Originally Posted by mcmxcivrs View Post

Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Congratulations!!!
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

And the long wait begins!
    Congrats
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Today the salesman called with additional good news, BMW Canada just announced a $2000 accessory credit,
    That was a nice phone call
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Left Coast Rider
    Today the salesman called with additional good news, BMW Canada just announced a $2000 accessory credit, so the adventure cases and Nav GPS are less than half price. In addition, I get the $750 discount for emergency workers.

You are going to be very happy with your purchase. A member in our club just bought one and is over the moon with its performance.

I hope you're a member of a local BMW Clubs Canada-affiliated club as there is a further, very significant discount available if you are. See your local club President for further details.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    You are going to be very happy with your purchase. A member in our club just bought one and is over the moon with its performance.

I hope you're a member of a local BMW Clubs Canada-affiliated club as there is a further, very significant discount available if you are. See your local club President for further details.
    Are you with the BeeCee Beemers? If so, you'll see me and the new bike in Nakusp again this year. Our local club is not affiliated so no club discount, not sure if they would allow multiple discounts to be applies or not. The $2000 credit was for BMW accessories only.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB

Left Coast Rider
    Are you with the BeeCee Beemers? If so, you'll see me and the new bike in Nakusp again this year. Our local club is not affiliated so no club discount, not sure if they would allow multiple discounts to be applies or not. The $2000 credit was for BMW accessories only.
    Answer to Question 1. As a matter of fact, I am.

Answer to Question 2. We look forward to seeing you in Nakusp once again. I'll keep an eye out for you and your new bike!

Answer to Question 3. Too bad you're not affiliated and yes, the discount would be over and above whatever deal you have. I've signed off on a number of these in the past.

I have been riding the F850GSA for a few months now

Every time I ride, I am more impressed what this bike can do and how easy it is on the rider. Enjoy

That garage of yours must be getting too small.
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by martinph View Post
    That garage of yours must be getting too small.
    Even with the addition it's pretty full. My truck may be kicked back outdoors for a bit.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB

Ed Miller, Calgary, AB

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Nice
    I havenít seen one in person yet.
    Good luck with it.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200