Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anti Gravity XP-3 Jump Starter

Anti Gravity sells pigtails that connect to the bike battery and plug directly into the XP1 or XP3.

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...newer-xp1-xp3/
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Anti Gravity sells pigtails that connect to the bike battery and plug directly into the XP1 or XP3.

As I have the xp-3, this pigtail is now on my radar to be purchased in the near future. Thanks for the link/heads up
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Normal SAE connectors and wiring are NOT large enough for the amps needed for a jump start. That is why the jump cables on all these jump packs are big... and short.
    Marshall
    92 K75s, 94 K75s, 96 K1100RS (caretaker), 09 K1300s

In response to the original poster's question about running the bike off of a Zero Gravity (or other lithium starter battery), the Zero Gravity manual that came with mine says to disconnect the starter right after the engine starts ( I think they mention something like 30 seconds). Lithium batteries are generally charged through a battery management system and getting 12-14 volts straight from the charging system is likely to cause overheating and damage.
    BMW R bike rider, horizontally opposed to everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Anyname View Post
    In response to the original poster's question about running the bike off of a Zero Gravity (or other lithium starter battery), the Zero Gravity manual that came with mine says to disconnect the starter right after the engine starts ( I think they mention something like 30 seconds). Lithium batteries are generally charged through a battery management system and getting 12-14 volts straight from the charging system is likely to cause overheating and damage.
    That's absolutely correct sir.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post

See post # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    I could get a clampless harness for both of our bikes to reduce the bulk, but this would not work if I need to help another rider.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Lithium batteries are generally charged through a battery management system and getting 12-14 volts straight from the charging system is likely to cause overheating and damage.
    I am not sure I agree. Both the clamp assembly and the direct to battery harness contain a diode which shows continuity from the battery pack to the bike but not from the bike back the other way.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

In response to the original poster's question about running the bike off of a Zero Gravity (or other lithium starter battery), the Zero Gravity manual that came with mine says to disconnect the starter right after the engine starts ( I think they mention something like 30 seconds). .
    You're correct, I saw that 30 second warning on their website today.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    {snip} the Zero Gravity manual that came with mine says to disconnect the starter right after the engine starts ( I think they mention something like 30 seconds)....{snip}
    Disconnect the starter . Does that mean “release the starter button”?........or git your wrench out?......unhook the jump pack?
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Disconnect the starter . Does that mean “release the starter button”?........or git your wrench out?......unhook the jump pack?
    OM
    Disconnect the the jump starter.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

I purchased an Antigravity XP-1 in May 2016.
    It stayed in my car except while moto-camping on about 15 trips over 2 years time.
    At first I liked having the convenience of it as a back up, just in case.
    It was used twice to jumpstart cars and a dozen or so times to charge a cell phone.

Then this happened
    Name:  Snapseed.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  441.0 KB

As far as the phone charging aspect, about half of the campsites did not have cell service (phone turned off) some of the others would have 110V outlets to use or the bikes battery could charge it. (the phone)
    The XP-1 took longer to recharge after charging a phone it than it would take to charge the phone on 110V.
    It is a convenience I rode without for 49 out of 51 years, do not miss it, so it will not be replaced.
    One use that it works well on is a EFI bike with a low voltage battery and a good charging system.(enough juice to turn the engine, not enough to fire the injectors)
    Bill
    Last edited by tanker4me; 06-08-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    We are all here for a spell, get all the good laughs you can.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by tanker4me View Post
    It stayed in my car except while moto-camping on about 15 trips over 2 years time.
    At first I liked having the convenience of it as a back up, just in case.
    It was used twice to jumpstart cars and a dozen or so times to charge a cell phone.

Then this happened
    Name:  Snapseed.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  441.0 KB

As far as the phone charging aspect, about half of the campsites did not have cell service (phone turned off) some of the others would have 110V outlets to use or the bikes battery could charge it. (the phone)
    The XP-1 took longer to recharge after charging a phone it than it would take to charge the phone on 110V.
    It is a convenience I rode without for 49 out of 51 years, do not miss it, so it will not be replaced.
    One use that it works well on is a FI bike with a low voltage battery and a good charging system.(enough juice to turn the engine, not enough to fire the injectors)
    Bill
    My jump box from cycle gear did that about a day after warranty ended.
    One thing to beware of several years ago I was looking online for Anti Gravity jump box and there were a bunch of counterfeit ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    One thing to beware of several years ago I was looking online for Anti Gravity jump box and there were a bunch of counterfeit ones.
    I've seen enough posts warning about counterfeit Anti Gravity so I purchased mine direct from Anti Gravity.
    Same thing with the GS911, there are a lot of fakes.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

Quote Originally Posted by tanker4me View Post
    Did you purchase it from Anti Gravity.
    Did you contact Anti Gravity about the failure?

Here's what a XP-1 looks like on the Anti Gravity site.
    Name:  jump-start-power-charging-ports-xp-1.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  67.5 KB
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

I bought one of these over a year ago. It looks like it came from the same factory as the Antigravity. I have used it several times and am very pleased. I have jump started my lawn tractor several times recently and it still shows 100%. I use it mostly on motorcycle travels as a cell phone charger when power is not available. Haven't had the pleasure yet of starting a dead bike but have no doubt it will do it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BGRN4TF..._Ecs-CbRTYQHTR
    Neal - '16 R1200GS / '81 R65