• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anti Gravity XP-3 Jump Starter

Lithium batteries are generally charged through a battery management system and getting 12-14 volts straight from the charging system is likely to cause overheating and damage.

I am not sure I agree. Both the clamp assembly and the direct to battery harness contain a diode which shows continuity from the battery pack to the bike but not from the bike back the other way.

In response to the original poster's question about running the bike off of a Zero Gravity (or other lithium starter battery), the Zero Gravity manual that came with mine says to disconnect the starter right after the engine starts ( I think they mention something like 30 seconds). .

You're correct, I saw that 30 second warning on their website today.

{snip} the Zero Gravity manual that came with mine says to disconnect the starter right after the engine starts ( I think they mention something like 30 seconds)....{snip}
Disconnect the starter :scratch. Does that mean “release the starter button”?........or git your wrench out?......unhook the jump pack?
OM

I purchased an Antigravity XP-1 in May 2016.
It stayed in my car except while moto-camping on about 15 trips over 2 years time.
At first I liked having the convenience of it as a back up, just in case.
It was used twice to jumpstart cars and a dozen or so times to charge a cell phone.

Then this happened
Snapseed.jpg

As far as the phone charging aspect, about half of the campsites did not have cell service (phone turned off) some of the others would have 110V outlets to use or the bikes battery could charge it. (the phone)
The XP-1 took longer to recharge after charging a phone it than it would take to charge the phone on 110V.
It is a convenience I rode without for 49 out of 51 years, do not miss it, so it will not be replaced.
One use that it works well on is a EFI bike with a low voltage battery and a good charging system.(enough juice to turn the engine, not enough to fire the injectors)
Bill

Last edited:
I purchased an Antigravity XP-1 in May 2016.
It stayed in my car except while moto-camping on about 15 trips over 2 years time.
At first I liked having the convenience of it as a back up, just in case.
It was used twice to jumpstart cars and a dozen or so times to charge a cell phone.

Then this happened
View attachment 74352

As far as the phone charging aspect, about half of the campsites did not have cell service (phone turned off) some of the others would have 110V outlets to use or the bikes battery could charge it. (the phone)
The XP-1 took longer to recharge after charging a phone it than it would take to charge the phone on 110V.
It is a convenience I rode without for 49 out of 51 years, do not miss it, so it will not be replaced.
One use that it works well on is a FI bike with a low voltage battery and a good charging system.(enough juice to turn the engine, not enough to fire the injectors)
Bill

My jump box from cycle gear did that about a day after warranty ended.
One thing to beware of several years ago I was looking online for Anti Gravity jump box and there were a bunch of counterfeit ones.

One thing to beware of several years ago I was looking online for Anti Gravity jump box and there were a bunch of counterfeit ones.

I've seen enough posts warning about counterfeit Anti Gravity so I purchased mine direct from Anti Gravity.
Same thing with the GS911, there are a lot of fakes.

I bought one of these over a year ago. It looks like it came from the same factory as the Antigravity. I have used it several times and am very pleased. I have jump started my lawn tractor several times recently and it still shows 100%. I use it mostly on motorcycle travels as a cell phone charger when power is not available. Haven't had the pleasure yet of starting a dead bike but have no doubt it will do it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BGRN4TF/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_Ecs-CbRTYQHTR

I had heard about the counterfeit units, I purchased it from a reputable dealer and checked to verify it was authentic Antigravity after it failed. It was.
My point is that (for me) it is a convenience I can ride without.
When it failed I felt set free from carrying something else I didn’t need when getting away on a bike.
Bill

The one I got from Amazon turned out to be counterfeit. I ordered another one from Revzilla. The graphics were close but different. I have ordered two more, different sizes from Revzilla bad the graphics and been the same. If anyone orders the pigtail charging cord make sure it is for the newer models of battery. Polarity is reversed on the older ones and the fitting is different.

I've seen enough posts warning about counterfeit Anti Gravity so I purchased mine direct from Anti Gravity.
Same thing with the GS911, there are a lot of fakes.

Same here, gotta be careful with Amazon orders, much of their offerings are not the real thing but counterfeits

I ordered another one from Revzilla. The graphics were close but different. I have ordered two more, different sizes from Revzilla bad the graphics and been the same.

Not sure what you're saying.
Were the ones from Revzilla also counterfeit?

Lee;1168879 I could get a clampless harness for both of our bikes to reduce the bulk said:
I was able to get everything into a smaller and thinner bag.

XP-3 bag (1).jpg

XP-3 bag (2).jpg

Not sure what you're saying.
Were the ones from Revzilla also counterfeit?

No the first part of the statement said I got a fake one from Amazon. It was different than the one from Revzilla. Maybe that didn't come through in the translation.

Bag is slightly smaller but not enough, in my opinion, to make much difference. I haven't had any problem carry the factory bag plus a lot more stuff I hope I never need.

The older ones had an SAE adapter. I am not sure why they don't have the SAE connector any more. I have a separate pigtail for the battery charger.

This pigtail could benefit from a second connector or a "multi-connector" or an adapter for use with SAE or coax cabled devices. Then we could leave that awkward clamp at home for use on the car, etc.

I have an older XP-1 and it came with a small adapter that does provide an SAE connection. Since I already had SAE and a Coaxial connections directly to the battery I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. The older XP-1 has a connection different than the later XP-1 and the XP3 units.

Back