• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

OBD Link LX

Has anyone had experience using the OBDLink LX (or MX) with The MotoScan app? I hooked it up to my 2005 R1200RT with the adapter cable but cannot communicate with the modules. It's the Pro version of MotoScan. It does read some information but won't let me get to the service menu.

There is a firmware update that needs to be preformed before it will work the MotoScan app. Connect the OBDlink to a car or truck and use the OBDlink app to update the firmware on the unit. After this is should work then with the MotoScan app.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Firmware had already been updated to 4.5.1. Still not reading the modules but it does see the bike and reads things like the tachometer and engine temp when looking at the dashboard.

OK... couple of dumb questions, my apologies.

1. You sure this is a genuine unit, not a Chinese knockoff?
2. You are selecting the correct bike in the pulldown menus?
3. You’re using the Android, not iOS version, right?
4. After the firmware update you’re JUST running MotoScan app and don’t have the ODBlink app running concurrently, right?

I’m using the same set up (LX and adapter cable over Bluetooth) on a 2009 R1200RT and don’t have any problems using an Android phone...

You can also take a couple screenshots and email the support people. They are very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got it going after sending the log to support. I was using the K52 (R1200RT). Loaded the K26(R1200RT) and got it going.. Thanks for the replies.

Dave

Got it going after sending the log to support. I was using the K52 (R1200RT). Loaded the K26(R1200RT) and got it going.. Thanks for the replies.

Dave

Ah... That was my question #2 above.

Been there, done that, I learned the hard way as well LOL.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back