Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Day Rides for 2019 Rally

I'm stuck between Falls Creek Loop and MOA HWY 96 and 85 through Granville. Any opinions for those from the area?

Quote Originally Posted by bikerpaul View Post
    I'm stuck between Falls Creek Loop and MOA HWY 96 and 85 through Granville. Any opinions for those from the area?
    They are both good rides. If taking only one, I would take MOA Hwy 96 and 85. It is a little shorter and probably a (very) little more twistee but lacks the beauty of the high Fall Creek Falls.
    Rick Bernhardt
    2006 R1200RT
    1998 R1200C (loved but sold)
    rcbernhardt@me.com

Quote Originally Posted by rcbernhardt View Post
    They are both good rides. If taking only one, I would take MOA Hwy 96 and 85. It is a little shorter and probably a (very) little more twistee but lacks the beauty of the high Fall Creek Falls.
    That's a good point, I'm riding up from N. GA on Thursday and planned to check out the rally site or whatever it's called, do a ride on Friday and head back on Saturday at some point. Truth be told, I could probably pickup half of one of those routes on the way up and the other half on the way back...

Quote Originally Posted by rcbernhardt View Post
    02 Cummins Falls State Park Loop - This ride takes you north and east of Lebanon through a rural and sometimes isolated landscape. ... Please note that while the ride to the falls is very nice and even exceptional along some stretches of the 2 lane roads...
    Thank you so much for creating and uploading these GPS tracks. We rode this loop on Friday late afternoon. I have to emphasize the "EXCEPTIONAL" part of your description for the roads. It was a fantastic ride and can't thank you enough. Stopped along the way in an idyllic spot and chatted up a local guy fishing for catfish with his son and wife.

We had to skip the stop at the Falls due to time constraints and hunger but ended up having a good dinner at a little Cafe in Cookeville called Bravo's Cafe and Grill. Then meandered back to Lebanon in the setting sun.

smIMG_20190614_174128.jpg

smIMG_20190614_174253.jpg
    Last edited by 130511; 06-17-2019 at 06:13 PM. Reason: adding pics
    Current Bike: 2016 r1200gs "Triple Black"
    Previous Bike: 1991 BMW k75rt "Graphite"

Much thanks for this. I did it all with the sheets and my phone, which was not as good a plan as GPS (which I don't have). But I have heard complaints about getting off the "tracks". I was afraid of missing turns so I was too fixed on my phone. Oh well.

I did the ride to the damn, which has some excellent scenery and elevation changes. I stopped by the boat club and it reminded me of that show Ozark. I also rode to Lynchburg and toured the distillery. Running short on time for my volunteer gig, I took part of the more direct route back on 231 and went through Murfreesboro. Ooops. I haven't been there in 20 years and it was much busier now.

I created my own ride up into KY on Saturday morning since I'd never been to KY. And I sure didn't see much of it....long enough to get gas!

Thanks again.

Thanks for posting these. We did the dam route on Friday, stopping at the Crossroads Cafe for lunch. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by clowry View Post
    Thanks for posting these. We did the dam route on Friday, stopping at the Crossroads Cafe for lunch. Thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Why don't you post some dam pictures?
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

Umm, because we were riding, not taking pictures, lol?

Sorry, we didn't do the dam pictures - I forgot to mount my damn camera on my damn windshield mount before we left..

We also rode it backwards which I think gave a better view of the damn as we approached it. I can't stress how much we enjoyed the ride and thanks again Rick!
    Dave...
    ----------------
    15 R1200 RT, 12 G650GS
    83 Suzuki XN85 D Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by dlowry View Post
    Sorry, we didn't do the dam pictures - I forgot to mount my damn camera on my damn windshield mount before we left..

We also rode it backwards which I think gave a better view of the damn as we approached it. I can't stress how much we enjoyed the ride and thanks again Rick!
    Sorry Dave, Cheryl just teed that one up for me and I had to do it.

It was great to meet you guys. We are looking forward to the next meet-up. Which, by the way, Laura just booked us in for Fontana, ........wait for it.......Dam, NC. What a coincedence about another dam place. Who da thunk?
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT