• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Day Rides for 2019 Rally

rcbernhardt

The BMWMC of Nashville has posted 7 day trips for your use and enjoyment while at the 2019 Scoot Boot’n Boogie rally in Lebanon. There are 6 street day rides and 1 dual sport ride. Each ride is posted in this thread with a map and description and .gpx track that you can download to your GPS. The rides will take you to many areas of interest as well as good riding roads in the area. Look at the rides (posted on this thread individually) and find one that takes you where you want to go. The day rides are:

01 Center Hill Dam Loop
02 Cummins Falls Loop
03 Jack Daniels/Lynchburg
04 Middle Tennessee Sampler
05 Fall Creek Falls Loop
06 Granville Loop
11 Dual Sport Chasing River

Enjoy and ride safe. If you have any questions, we will be at the local interest booth to help!

Last edited:
01 Center Hill Dam Loop

01 Center Hill Dam Loop - This ride takes you east of Lebanon along the Caney Fork River to Center Hill Dam. The ride includes some of the prettiest rural landscapes anywhere. About halfway into the ride will find you on one of the best riding sections of US Hwy 70 in Tennessee. Curvy roads will continue as you travel TN Hwy 96 to the Dam and southward. There are no large towns along this route, but there are several small towns including Gordonsville, Elmwood, Buffalo Valley, Alexandria and Watertown (look closely or you will miss them).

Attachments

• 01 Center Hill Dam Ride.pdf
    657.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 01 Center Hill Dam Loop.gpx
    85.8 KB · Views: 61
02 Cummins Falls Loop

02 Cummins Falls State Park Loop - This ride takes you north and east of Lebanon through a rural and sometimes isolated landscape. Towns along the ride include Hartsville, Lafayette, Gainesboro and Granville. The focal point of the ride is Cummins Falls located on the Blackburn Fork State Scenic River in southeastern Jackson County. The falls is 75 feet high and has received national attention as one of the top 10 "Swimming Holes" in the US. A moderate hike is required to the falls overlook and a slightly longer hike is required to reach the base of the falls where swimming is very popular. Please note that while the ride to the falls is very nice and even exceptional along some stretches of the 2 lane roads, the falls area itself will likely be very crowded due to its popularity.

Attachments

• 02 Cummins Falls Loop.gpx
    163.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 02 Cummins Falls Loop Ride.pdf
    229.2 KB · Views: 72
03 Jack Daniels/Lynchburg

03 Jack Daniels Distillery/Lynchburg - This ride takes you along rural landscapes on mostly 2 lane roads to the world-famous Jack Daniels Distillery in the bustling motorcycle town of Lynchburg (pop 350 according to their advertisements). There is a fee to tour the oldest distillery in the US, but it is worth it if you have never been on the tour. There are two popular eateries in Bell Buckle if you want to stop for lunch including the Bell Buckle Cafe and the 82 Market and Deli. For your return trip to the Rally, you can simply backtrack or if you need to get back quickly you can take Hwy 231 all the way to Lebanon.

Attachments

• 03 Jack Daniels:Lynchburg.pdf
    220.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 03 Jack Daniels:Lynchburg.gpx
    116.9 KB · Views: 49
04 Middle Tennessee Sampler

04 Middle Tennessee Sampler - This ride takes you to and along many locations in Middle Tennessee. The roads are mostly rural roads with some suburban stretches that connect places on the route. The roads are fun, often twistee and will expose much of the local scenery to you. You will pass major urban parks and natural spots such as the Cumberland River, Marrowbone and Percy Priest Lakes. This ride allows you to stop at The Loveless Café for lunch or other local lunch spots such as Pucketts in Leapers Fork. The route includes the beginning of the Natchez Trace Parkway, historic Leapers Fork and downtown Franklin. This is a fun and all-day ride.

Attachments

• 04 Middle Tennessee Sampler.GPX
    194.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 04 Middle Tennessee Sampler Ride.pdf
    347.5 KB · Views: 78
05 Fall Creek Falls Loop

05 MOA Fall Creek Falls
205 miles that is full of curves. Highlights are Rock Island State park waterfall, Bone Cave road, the road up the mountain to Spencer and the road that leads to Fall Creek. Plenty to see.

Attachments

• 05 Fall Creek Falls Ride.pdf
    236.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 05 Fall Creek Falls Loop.GPX
    223.7 KB · Views: 52
06 MOA Hwy 96 and 85 through Granville

06 MOA Hwy 96 and 85 through Granville.
156-mile route that includes some of the best twisty roads around. Hwy 96 runs around Center Hill Lake for 12 miles. Granville, a great place to stop for a hamburger at Suttons General store. Then pick up Hwy 85 for a nice ride back.

Attachments

• 06 Granville Loop.GPX
    170.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 06 Granville Ride.pdf
    212.4 KB · Views: 58
11 Dual Sport Chasing Rivers

11 Dual Sport Chasing Rivers
This is an easy ride as far as the off-road portions. More scenic than technical, and some nice curvy pavement as well. The route chases the Cumberland River and other streams, with routes through Standing Stone State park. Standing Stone is beautiful, with a very scenic single lane bridge over the dam. The route includes gravel roads within the park. ON the way back you will go by The Boils a feature where water from an underground stream bubbles up in the river. Great place for a swim. There is one closed road but go around the sign. Stay to the left and it is easy to get by. It is only a mile.

Attachments

• 11 Dual Sport Chasing River Ride.pdf
    219.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 11 Dual Sport Chasing River.GPX
    202.7 KB · Views: 27
I don't have a programmable GPS and this will be my first time attending the Rally. Are there any looslye organized group rides where people just meet up at a time and go together. You know, strangers?

I've also never actually done a group ride except for with my buddy. I tend to keep it pretty under control (slow, LOL).

I don't have a programmable GPS and this will be my first time attending the Rally. Are there any looslye organized group rides where people just meet up at a time and go together. You know, strangers?

I've also never actually done a group ride except for with my buddy. I tend to keep it pretty under control (slow, LOL).

Sometimes it is easy to hook up with one or two other riders. Local rides can be marked on a map. Get a tank bag with a marked map in the map pocket and go riding - alone or with another 1 or 2 riders.

Be sure to check in at the Local Hospitality Booth that will be located in the East / West Building. You will find members of the Nashville club there that have put together several interesting rides!

Bring your GPS to the Hospitality Booth and we may be able to transfer the rides via Bluetooth if you have that capacity.

I'm stuck between Falls Creek Loop and MOA HWY 96 and 85 through Granville. Any opinions for those from the area?

I'm stuck between Falls Creek Loop and MOA HWY 96 and 85 through Granville. Any opinions for those from the area?

They are both good rides. If taking only one, I would take MOA Hwy 96 and 85. It is a little shorter and probably a (very) little more twistee but lacks the beauty of the high Fall Creek Falls.

They are both good rides. If taking only one, I would take MOA Hwy 96 and 85. It is a little shorter and probably a (very) little more twistee but lacks the beauty of the high Fall Creek Falls.

That's a good point, I'm riding up from N. GA on Thursday and planned to check out the rally site or whatever it's called, do a ride on Friday and head back on Saturday at some point. Truth be told, I could probably pickup half of one of those routes on the way up and the other half on the way back...:idea

02 Cummins Falls State Park Loop - This ride takes you north and east of Lebanon through a rural and sometimes isolated landscape. ... Please note that while the ride to the falls is very nice and even exceptional along some stretches of the 2 lane roads...

Thank you so much for creating and uploading these GPS tracks. We rode this loop on Friday late afternoon. I have to emphasize the "EXCEPTIONAL" part of your description for the roads. It was a fantastic ride and can't thank you enough. Stopped along the way in an idyllic spot and chatted up a local guy fishing for catfish with his son and wife.

We had to skip the stop at the Falls due to time constraints and hunger but ended up having a good dinner at a little Cafe in Cookeville called Bravo's Cafe and Grill. Then meandered back to Lebanon in the setting sun.

smIMG_20190614_174128.jpg

smIMG_20190614_174253.jpg

Last edited:
Much thanks for this. I did it all with the sheets and my phone, which was not as good a plan as GPS (which I don't have). But I have heard complaints about getting off the "tracks". I was afraid of missing turns so I was too fixed on my phone. Oh well.

I did the ride to the damn, which has some excellent scenery and elevation changes. I stopped by the boat club and it reminded me of that show Ozark. :) I also rode to Lynchburg and toured the distillery. Running short on time for my volunteer gig, I took part of the more direct route back on 231 and went through Murfreesboro. Ooops. I haven't been there in 20 years and it was much busier now.

I created my own ride up into KY on Saturday morning since I'd never been to KY. And I sure didn't see much of it....long enough to get gas! :)

Thanks again.

Back