Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Day Rides for 2019 Rally

Day Rides for 2019 Rally

The BMWMC of Nashville has posted 7 day trips for your use and enjoyment while at the 2019 Scoot Boot’n Boogie rally in Lebanon. There are 6 street day rides and 1 dual sport ride. Each ride is posted in this thread with a map and description and .gpx track that you can download to your GPS. The rides will take you to many areas of interest as well as good riding roads in the area. Look at the rides (posted on this thread individually) and find one that takes you where you want to go. The day rides are:

01 Center Hill Dam Loop
    02 Cummins Falls Loop
    03 Jack Daniels/Lynchburg
    04 Middle Tennessee Sampler
    05 Fall Creek Falls Loop
    06 Granville Loop
    11 Dual Sport Chasing River

Enjoy and ride safe. If you have any questions, we will be at the local interest booth to help!
    Last edited by rcbernhardt; 06-02-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    Rick Bernhardt
    2006 R1200RT
    1998 R1200C (loved but sold)
    rcbernhardt@me.com

01 Center Hill Dam Loop

01 Center Hill Dam Loop - This ride takes you east of Lebanon along the Caney Fork River to Center Hill Dam. The ride includes some of the prettiest rural landscapes anywhere. About halfway into the ride will find you on one of the best riding sections of US Hwy 70 in Tennessee. Curvy roads will continue as you travel TN Hwy 96 to the Dam and southward. There are no large towns along this route, but there are several small towns including Gordonsville, Elmwood, Buffalo Valley, Alexandria and Watertown (look closely or you will miss them).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rick Bernhardt
    2006 R1200RT
    rcbernhardt@me.com

02 Cummins Falls Loop

02 Cummins Falls State Park Loop - This ride takes you north and east of Lebanon through a rural and sometimes isolated landscape. Towns along the ride include Hartsville, Lafayette, Gainesboro and Granville. The focal point of the ride is Cummins Falls located on the Blackburn Fork State Scenic River in southeastern Jackson County. The falls is 75 feet high and has received national attention as one of the top 10 "Swimming Holes" in the US. A moderate hike is required to the falls overlook and a slightly longer hike is required to reach the base of the falls where swimming is very popular. Please note that while the ride to the falls is very nice and even exceptional along some stretches of the 2 lane roads, the falls area itself will likely be very crowded due to its popularity.
    Rick Bernhardt
    2006 R1200RT
    rcbernhardt@me.com

03 Jack Daniels/Lynchburg

03 Jack Daniels Distillery/Lynchburg - This ride takes you along rural landscapes on mostly 2 lane roads to the world-famous Jack Daniels Distillery in the bustling motorcycle town of Lynchburg (pop 350 according to their advertisements). There is a fee to tour the oldest distillery in the US, but it is worth it if you have never been on the tour. There are two popular eateries in Bell Buckle if you want to stop for lunch including the Bell Buckle Cafe and the 82 Market and Deli. For your return trip to the Rally, you can simply backtrack or if you need to get back quickly you can take Hwy 231 all the way to Lebanon.
    Rick Bernhardt
    2006 R1200RT
    rcbernhardt@me.com

04 Middle Tennessee Sampler

04 Middle Tennessee Sampler - This ride takes you to and along many locations in Middle Tennessee. The roads are mostly rural roads with some suburban stretches that connect places on the route. The roads are fun, often twistee and will expose much of the local scenery to you. You will pass major urban parks and natural spots such as the Cumberland River, Marrowbone and Percy Priest Lakes. This ride allows you to stop at The Loveless Café for lunch or other local lunch spots such as Pucketts in Leapers Fork. The route includes the beginning of the Natchez Trace Parkway, historic Leapers Fork and downtown Franklin. This is a fun and all-day ride.
    Rick Bernhardt
    2006 R1200RT
    rcbernhardt@me.com

05 Fall Creek Falls Loop

05 MOA Fall Creek Falls
    205 miles that is full of curves. Highlights are Rock Island State park waterfall, Bone Cave road, the road up the mountain to Spencer and the road that leads to Fall Creek. Plenty to see.
    Rick Bernhardt
    2006 R1200RT
    rcbernhardt@me.com

06 MOA Hwy 96 and 85 through Granville

06 MOA Hwy 96 and 85 through Granville.
    156-mile route that includes some of the best twisty roads around. Hwy 96 runs around Center Hill Lake for 12 miles. Granville, a great place to stop for a hamburger at Suttons General store. Then pick up Hwy 85 for a nice ride back.
    Rick Bernhardt
    2006 R1200RT
    rcbernhardt@me.com

11 Dual Sport Chasing Rivers

11 Dual Sport Chasing Rivers
    This is an easy ride as far as the off-road portions. More scenic than technical, and some nice curvy pavement as well. The route chases the Cumberland River and other streams, with routes through Standing Stone State park. Standing Stone is beautiful, with a very scenic single lane bridge over the dam. The route includes gravel roads within the park. ON the way back you will go by The Boils a feature where water from an underground stream bubbles up in the river. Great place for a swim. There is one closed road but go around the sign. Stay to the left and it is easy to get by. It is only a mile.
    Rick Bernhardt
    2006 R1200RT
    rcbernhardt@me.com

Beautiful! Thank you.
    Scott
    2004 K1200LT
    Munising,Michigan
    www.smitchellphotography.com

Thanks for sharing the work and routes
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

thanks!
    2016 R NineT classic
    2018 K 1600 Bagger

I don't have a programmable GPS and this will be my first time attending the Rally. Are there any looslye organized group rides where people just meet up at a time and go together. You know, strangers?

I've also never actually done a group ride except for with my buddy. I tend to keep it pretty under control (slow, LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by R65_Steve View Post
    I don't have a programmable GPS and this will be my first time attending the Rally. Are there any looslye organized group rides where people just meet up at a time and go together. You know, strangers?

I've also never actually done a group ride except for with my buddy. I tend to keep it pretty under control (slow, LOL).
    Sometimes it is easy to hook up with one or two other riders. Local rides can be marked on a map. Get a tank bag with a marked map in the map pocket and go riding - alone or with another 1 or 2 riders.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Be sure to check in at the Local Hospitality Booth that will be located in the East / West Building. You will find members of the Nashville club there that have put together several interesting rides!
    Vance Harrelson
    2019 Rally Chair
    MOA Foundation Director / Ambassador
    R1200GSA "Buck" / G310GS "Tiny"

Bring your GPS to the Hospitality Booth and we may be able to transfer the rides via Bluetooth if you have that capacity.
    Rick Bernhardt
    2006 R1200RT
    rcbernhardt@me.com