• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Loose turn signals

georgej

On my '77 R100S the front turn signals are loose. Not on the stalk, but the actual housing of the signal is loose. I can hold it on the stalk with my hand and turn the square housing. Time for new ones?

Take off the lens. Notice the two-screw clamp that holds the housing on the stalk. Take some "lug tape" (rubber tape) and pad the clamp. Tighten screws.

I love it when Paul puts out a classic airhead fix for the ages! Some things are old but gold eh Paul? :thumb

I hope the fires hold off this year and we all hope to see you and Voni in Nakusp this year! We miss you guys!

Alberta one right now that is burning pretty good way up north already and BC had a couple of early ones as well but they were contained quickly. Sadly another warm dry summer is predicted by the climate guys but as you well know, things change quick in these mountains.

Take off the lens. Notice the two-screw clamp that holds the housing on the stalk. Take some "lug tape" (rubber tape) and pad the clamp. Tighten screws.
Yeah I did that yesterday how did you know? ... Good coincidence. Now that I have your attention.,.[emoji41]

Advice/link on changing a R65 dual shock frame into a mono shock frame?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks Paul, I tightened the screws on the clamp, I'll try what you said with the tape.

Yeah I did that yesterday how did you know? ... Good coincidence. Now that I have your attention.,.[emoji41]

Advice/link on changing a R65 dual shock frame into a mono shock frame?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Best advice.....sell your present dual shock machine and buy a mono shock frame bike, if that is what you really want. The changes/differences between the two models are more involved than simply losing one shock.

Friedle

Back