• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

C650GT for a Larger Person

engage

Sorry to have to ask this, but there isn't a new or used C650GT within a few hundred miles.

I'm 6'1", 225 lbs. Will the 650GT be big enough? I've sat on a C400X and it is too cramped for me. The Burgman is better, but I wish that was a tad larger as well.

I am 6' 4" and 220lbs riding a 2013 C650GT. I sit on the bike comfortably though the one limiting factor is the seat divider/backrest which prevents one from sliding a bit further back to allow more room for your legs. In other words, while I'm comfortable riding the bike as is - if not for the seat divider/backrest I would probably slide back a couple of inches. I hope this helps you. Love the bike!

Welcome to both of you! Never been around one of the scooters. I wonder if leg length also plays into the ergonomics of the C650GT?

I am 6' 4" and 220lbs riding a 2013 C650GT. I sit on the bike comfortably though the one limiting factor is the seat divider/backrest which prevents one from sliding a bit further back to allow more room for your legs. In other words, while I'm comfortable riding the bike as is - if not for the seat divider/backrest I would probably slide back a couple of inches. I hope this helps you. Love the bike!

Appreciate the feedback. Doing a research before traveling to see a used one...

Welcome to both of you! Never been around one of the scooters. I wonder if leg length also plays into the ergonomics of the C650GT?

I have bad knees so knee bend is an issue for me. Fortunately more of my height is in my torso and the 650gt has a forward set of footrests

Greetings and welcome. I had a 2013 for about two years/8,000 miles. At 6' I found myself wishing for a couple extra inches (leg room that is). My solution was to remove the uncomfortable butt wedgie and rode with an Alaskan sheepskin butt pad. It cushioned the hard spot uncovered when removing the wedgie. The leg room increase was noticeable to me. I too was very pleased overall with the scooter, just couldn't resist trying something else.
Here is a link to a 2014 650GT listed on Craig's List Denver. I've already seen a drop in asking price from $5,300 initial posting.
https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/broomfield-2014-bmw-650-gt/6892476896.html

Greetings and welcome. I had a 2013 for about two years/8,000 miles. At 6' I found myself wishing for a couple extra inches (leg room that is). My solution was to remove the uncomfortable butt wedgie and rode with an Alaskan sheepskin butt pad. It cushioned the hard spot uncovered when removing the wedgie. The leg room increase was noticeable to me. I too was very pleased overall with the scooter, just couldn't resist trying something else.
Here is a link to a 2014 650GT listed on Craig's List Denver. I've already seen a drop in asking price from $5,300 initial posting.
https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/broomfield-2014-bmw-650-gt/6892476896.html

6'4.5" 260. 70 yrs old. 2016 c650gt Very fine comfortable ride, better w/o backrest. Added aeroflow tall windscreen. Longest one way day was about 250 miles. On expressway part of time doing 90 without noticing speed for several miles. My other bike is 2012 gs with a russell daylong. Both can be ridden with no pain and plenty of headroom.

Thanks for the replies!

I purchased a 2016 C 650 GT with 1930 miles on it on Saturday. The bike is in showroom condition. I purchased it in Pittsburgh and rode it home to Ada, MI - 430 miles. I did 150 miles on Saturday and 280 yesterday. I found the bike very comfortable - my inseam is 32. According to the OM, the backrest is adjustable (three sets of screw holes), but set the farthest back from the factory. I looked and mine is not adjustable.

First time in years I rode any distance without getting sore!

I'm 6'6", about 210 lbs. No discomfort at all on my '19 C650GT though I did replace the stock windscreen with a Givi for a bit more height. The seat is fine for me.

Back