Thread: New Member, New Rider, New (to me) F650GS

New Member, New Rider, New (to me) F650GS

Proud to finally be joining the ranks of an organization such as this. Just got my license a few weeks ago after taking the MSF BRC, and settled on my first set of wheels this weekend, a 2006 F650GS. So far I've just been riding around my little circle (well, more like a triangle, but who's counting), getting a feel for it, refreshing my memory on some of the exercises we did in the BRC, and so far I'm extremely happy with the bike. Can finally go to DMV today and get plates, so I'll be able to take it out in my broader neighborhood. I live in the land of sun, humidity, alligators and cane toads -- Naples, Florida. That's been only about 2 years now, we're transplants from the Washington DC area (Northern Virginia) where both my wife (34 years married) and I have lived most of our lives. My wife is supportive but wary. Anyway, looking forward to some time on 2 wheels, and getting to know some of the members here.

John Meggers
    Naples, FL

Welcome to the forum John

Enjoy the 650GS, a very capable bike, our 07 keeps on thumping...which is a good thing

Enjoy the road and the triangles!
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Congratulations on getting your license and welcome to the MOA.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Hey John, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. As you can see, this is literally my first post (Iíll introduce myself shortly) but saw some connections and wanted to reach out.

Iím taking delivery on a new F750GS tomorrow! I spend summers in high altitude central Colorado, and the rest of the year in Marco Island. Maybe we can meet and do some riding this fall or winter. Iíve lived in SW FL for over 30 years so I know all about heat, humidity, and the unique critters of the Everglades. But I do escape the worst of it by fleeing to the mountains.

Enjoy the new ride.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by sea2summit View Post
    Hey John, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. As you can see, this is literally my first post (Iíll introduce myself shortly) but saw some connections and wanted to reach out.

Iím taking delivery on a new F750GS tomorrow! I spend summers in high altitude central Colorado, and the rest of the year in Marco Island. Maybe we can meet and do some riding this fall or winter. Iíve lived in SW FL for over 30 years so I know all about heat, humidity, and the unique critters of the Everglades. But I do escape the worst of it by fleeing to the mountains.

Enjoy the new ride.

Tom
    Hey, Tom. Yes, I'd love to have a riding partner when you're in town. I'm assuming you're gone for the summer by now, so ping me when you return.

John