• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fourth BMW, Second MOA membership

MikeW_in_SC

Since it seems BMWMOA has locked my old user id and yet can’t find it anywhere, please allow me to introduce myself again.

I’m Mike from Columbia, SC. I was last involved in BMWMOA when I got my first BMW motorcycle about 15 years ago, a 2003 R1200RT. I had an accident in 2006 that forced me off of bikes for four years, but I then picked up a 2006 K1200GT and loved it. I made the mistake of trading it for a 2010 K1300S when it’s transmission failed, then the S had the same problem and the dealer/Motoraad left me hanging a second time which turned me off of the badge.

I’ve been through two other bikes since but there’s nothing like a GT (a real GT, not the 16), so next Sunday, June 2nd, I’m flying to the West coast for a 2009 K1300GT. I’ll be riding her all the way home, re-igniting the love affair and making the most of it.

Mike W
Columbia, SC
2003 R1200RT
2006 K1200GT
2010 K1300S
2009 K1300GT - SOON!!!

Welcome again, Mike! Enjoy the road trip with the new ride! Might be a good time of the year to make that southern trip.

All I can add is: Best Wishes for a more reliable Beemer this time!

Hope your return trip is full of good adventures {and not the frustrating kind}... :thumb

Perhaps you'll turn up in Lebanon, TN in a few weeks before all is said & done!

CIAO! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Back