• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

...speaking of misery...

Wethead

I just read the MOA newsletter where they list the "Land of OZ" rally event in Atchison KS.

Mercy! I look at the news media everyday and all I see around that area is tornados and floods...is that like: 'fake-weather' oveyonder?

I never been to a tornado ridden rally before...

In 2001 I was riding back from the MOA rally in Redmond, Oregon, to Madison, WI, when I spotted a tornado to my left a couple of miles away in Idaho. Seemed to be moving parallel to the interstate highway and not toward me to I just kept riding. Closest I have ever been to a tornado.

Last edited:
In 2001 I was riding back from the MOA rally in Redmond, Oregon, to Madison, WI, when I spotted a tornado to my left a couple of miles away in Idaho. Seemed to be moving parallel to the interstate highway and not toward me to I just keep riding. Closest I have ever been to a tornado.

In 2001 that happened...if that happened to me I still be sheeting my pants in 2019. I am scared sheetless of those things.

Even if I am inside a motel nice and safe, what would become of my precious bike if a tornado went by? I think I rather face Big Foot with a switch blade, with good luck he just be taken out the blade to clean his nails...but tornados, are ALWAYS after your arses.

As long as the rally is not located anywhere near a trailer park. Anytime I see a report on the news, the Twisters always goes through a trailer park. They seem to attract them like a magnet.

I lived in Denver in the late 80's. My ex wife and I were on the bike one afternoon and followed one that was out over the plains - it was amazing to watch the funnel part come down and then go back up as it moved along. I still have the pictures (film) somewhere. But yeah, wouldn't want to get too close.

As long as the rally is not located anywhere near a trailer park. Anytime I see a report on the news, the Twisters always goes through a trailer park. They seem to attract them like a magnet.

Yep, Laredo Texas 1972, while in flight school a tornado hit, only damage was to 2 trailer parks near the base, made a believer out of me

Back