• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

How about doing this during MOA office hours...

... give them a call and a chance to see what the membership # issue really is.

Then clarify if theres a wait/standby list for the full RV spots.

And then find out what the boon-docking plan is for folks like yourself that are still arriving, where will you be parked for generator use and such.

That will at least give you options/knowledge based on their information.

Hope it works out for you in a satisfactory manner.

"travel'n" John

If you go to the volunteer sign-up site (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c044baaa82ea2fe3-signuprv), scroll to the RV tab and click on it. Near the top you will see some names of the people who created the page and an email symbol that when clicked allows you to send them a message. On the committee that I an involved with my name is shown as the creator and I imagine the same is true for the RV folks. Send them an email and see if you can get an answer to your questions. You can also contact this regional coordinator. I believe he is involved with the RV assignment as well. tom.moe@bmwmoa.org

I know we're just now approaching late February, but in looking at my ride planning calendar... I'm exactly 4 months/120 days until Saddle Up & Ride time!

This based on an eleven day journey before arrival at the Great Falls MOA.

This new June rally stuff, really accelerate's the ride season when planning a couple thousand mile trip before arrival.

"travel'n" John

Well it's official:
A Mermaid Show picture from the Sip-n'-Dip Lounge has made it onto the MOA Rally page's under Latest Rally News and "weird stuff in Montana" section.

The beer garden revenues may take a financial blow... unless we bring in some large aquariums and rent the mermaids.

Or sell beer on the town bus.

"travel'n" John

55 days till Glenlivet and I set out for the rally on a very meandering route. Getting excited but still so much to do!

Ah, but not as much as last year. :)

You've hit on a true point of annual rally preparation with extended travel.

The more time we have for the trip itself, the time we use "getting ready" is proportional.

Back when I was a full time employee, I could pack a bike for a two week trip in a few hours and be gone.

Now retired; I'll prep and pack two weeks for the annual rally that's a few hours away!

And that's with a well laid out/established gear zone in the garage.

Knowing all it really takes is "more money" to overcome any travel obstacle.

"travel'n" John

You've hit on a true point of annual rally preparation with extended travel.

The more time we have for the trip itself, the time we use "getting ready" is proportional.

Back when I was a full time employee, I could pack a bike for a two week trip in a few hours and be gone.

Now retired; I'll prep and pack two weeks for the annual rally that's a few hours away!

And that's with a well laid out/established gear zone in the garage.

Knowing all it really takes is "more money" to overcome any travel obstacle.

"travel'n" John

No kidding! And the "more you know" the more time is spent on planning. For example with all the suggestions posted here I find I am continually making modifications to my route and plan. In addition this year will be about a 30 day trip from Charlotte, NC to Great Falls and then on to the Left Coast (just to say I actually rode true coast to coast). And I keep finding myself saying 'well since I'm in the area I should ride here or see that". Lastly I am hoping to complete the Iron Butt National Park Challenge so after all my planning is done I have to overlay where the National Park sites are located and make any route changes to accommodate. Whew .... thankfully I am retired and have the time to plan. And as a riding buddy used to say ... ."planning is half the fun"

No kidding! And the "more you know" the more time is spent on planning. For example with all the suggestions posted here I find I am continually making modifications to my route and plan. In addition this year will be about a 30 day trip from Charlotte, NC to Great Falls and then on to the Left Coast (just to say I actually rode true coast to coast). And I keep finding myself saying 'well since I'm in the area I should ride here or see that". Lastly I am hoping to complete the Iron Butt National Park Challenge so after all my planning is done I have to overlay where the National Park sites are located and make any route changes to accommodate. Whew .... thankfully I am retired and have the time to plan. And as a riding buddy used to say ... ."planning is half the fun"

Now that US Atlantic to Pacific Ocean thing... would indeed be unusual and unique to add to the IBA's National Park Master Traveler Award.

You mention a 30 day trip; I completed the IBA NPT Award during a 30 day jaunt for, and from the Billings rally.

It took some "on the fly" planning; leaving from Indiana for Montana...

I didn't expect to ride into Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, the Carolina's... or even AZ, NM, OK, much less WV, VA, PA for the completion.

A 25 State ride into National Parks will get you out there!

Good luck with all that the Certification requires Ed; hope to see you in Montana.

"travel'n" John

Thanks! I will be sure to look for you :thumb

And to be clear since Charlotte NC is not on the coast my plan is to ride out to Wilmington NC a day or 2 before I leave for Great Falls and grab a tiny container of Atlantic sand. Then will leave Great Falls and continue to Cannon Beach, OR to grabs a similar tiny container of Pacific sand :laugh

Or better yet! Go to Long Beach, WA. where you can ride and park on the beach.

Hey thanks for that !! I thought you could do the same in the Canon Beach area too but maybe not. Been years since I was there. Was planning on staying near Longview then heading to beach next day then on to Portland. So Long Beach would work well. I do see you can drive right up on the beach.

You can not drive on any Oregon beach and only some Washington ones. Go from Longview to Long Beach via State route 4 and if you wish to go to Oregon go over the Astoria over the bridge. You would forget it.

You can not drive on any Oregon beach and only some Washington ones. Go from Longview to Long Beach via State route 4 and if you wish to go to Oregon go over the Astoria over the bridge. You would forget it.

That sounds like a plan. While driving "ON" the beach was not in my plan if I can do so heck .... why not! And that bridge looks neat ... but would not want to ride it in a storm! :lol Then I could ride some of the OR coast as well and through Seaside and Canon beach on my way to Portland and Voo Doo Donuts !! Thanks for the info. How cool being part of the BMW community

That sounds like a plan. While driving "ON" the beach was not in my plan if I can do so heck .... why not! And that bridge looks neat ... but would not want to ride it in a storm! :lol Then I could ride some of the OR coast as well and through Seaside and Canon beach on my way to Portland and Voo Doo Donuts !! Thanks for the info. How cool being part of the BMW community

Keep an eye out for us, Ed. We'll be in Oregon June 3-12, bouncing back and forth between the coastline and the Western Cascades. On the 12th we have a hotel room on a bluff near Astoria overlooking the Columbia before continuing north into Washington state.

Pete and Glenlivet

Keep an eye out for us, Ed. We'll be in Oregon June 3-12, bouncing back and forth between the coastline and the Western Cascades. On the 12th we have a hotel room on a bluff near Astoria overlooking the Columbia before continuing north into Washington state.

Pete and Glenlivet

I WILL certainly keep an eye out for you but I am heading to the Oregon / Washington area after I leave Great Falls so will be wandering that area around June 30th to July 4th. But hay we may still cross paths. I will make sure I have doggie treats with me !!

Back