Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The 2020 MOA Rally at Montana ExpoPark in Great Falls, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Would there happen to be a list of hotels in the area? I'm planning on leading a contingent of Canucks from the west coast to sample the local brews.

https://visitgreatfallsmontana.org/lodging-properties/
    “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Would there happen to be a list of hotels in the area? I'm planning on leading a contingent of Canucks from the west coast to sample the local brews.
    Best way I have found in finding hotels is using Google Maps. Enter Montana Expo Park and then click on the "nearby" and select hotels.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/H...19!2d47.512719
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Question How far will you "ride-in"... your last travel day to the Great Falls Rally site?

...I'm looking at some options for a Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon arrival, by about 3pm.

It would be great, to have the route coincide with a nice Montana Hot Springs opportunity from the day/night before arriving at the ExpoPark.

Anyone care to share any "hidden gems"... hot springs, campgrounds or other lodging within about 200 - 250 miles that you would recommend?

"travel'n" John

Chico Hot Springs, Pray, MT in Paradise Valley about 45 miles north of Gardiner and the north gate of Yellowstone NP. Beautiful setting, good hot spring and an absolutely fantastic restaurant. We spend our anniversary there every April and ride in Yellowstone before the mobs arrive. After Chico you can ride to GF on Hwy 89 the entire way, 187 miles. A great ride through some high valleys and the Little Belt Mountains.

Chico is not cheap and you will need reservations.
    Last edited by akbeemer; 11-26-2019 at 06:10 AM.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Chico Hot Springs, Pray, MT in Paradise Valley about 45 miles north of Gardiner and the north gate of Yellowstone NP. Beautiful setting, good hot spring and an absolutely fantastic restaurant. We spend our anniversary there every April and ride in Yellowstone before the mobs arrive. After Chico you can ride to GF on Hwy 89 the entire way, 187 miles. A great ride through some high valleys and the Little Belt Mountains.

Chico is not cheap and you will need reservations.
    +1 on Chico Hot Springs Resort. It may be a bit more than a motel elsewhere but a LOT less than staying IN Yellowstone or Grand Tetons. Also, that time of year you can land some decent rates in Gardener. (again "decent rates" is relative since you are at the gate or Yellowstone)
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up

Thanks for the recommendations fellows. Chico seems like a good choice if arriving from the south. And a Bozeman area offering by the KOA isn't bad either.

I even stumbled on a "high line" offering just east of Malta, Sleeping Buffalo Hot Springs... with campground.

"travel'n" john

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    I even stumbled on a "high line" offering just east of Malta, Sleeping Buffalo Hot Springs... with campground.
    My wife and I camped there back in 1984, after a rough day in which a car squeezed us off the road coming into Glasgow, MT—fortunately with no damage to the new bike. It was a very nice hot springs and campground and the hot soak was great. Not so much the local hooligans who pulled the stakes from our tent in the middle of the night.
    But yes, a nice place to soak and sleep. Enjoy!

Best,
    DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138