• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Time for a little patience. Getting a rally going is a huge job that is largely handled by volunteers who are doing their job for the first time, at a new location far removed from their homes. I believe they are using a new/revised system to sign-up volunteers and it may take some time to get it up and running. It is too soon to be publicly expressing disappointment and will not have a positive impact.

I sent two emails alerting them that I am available as a volunteer.
I have heard nothing so I assume they have all the help they need and don't need volunteers.
Very disappointing.

Joe

Honestly I find that hard to believe as they always need assistance. Not sure who you sent to but would resend to different folks involved.

I sent two emails alerting them that I am available as a volunteer.
I have heard nothing so I assume they have all the help they need and don't need volunteers.
Very disappointing.

Joe

Joe,

Sorry to hear about my not getting back to you, but to my knowledge I do not recall receiving your emails. I have been responding to those who have contacted me. To set the record straight, we certainly do need your help (and hundreds of other volunteers) in Great Falls this June.

As mentioned by Kevin, a new and improved means of volunteering, is soon to be launched by the MOA, most likely in February. Please be patient and wait for the announcement.

Paul

Joe,

Sorry to hear about my not getting back to you, but to my knowledge I do not recall receiving your emails. I have been responding to those who have contacted me. To set the record straight, we certainly do need your help (and hundreds of other volunteers) in Great Falls this June.

As mentioned by Kevin, a new and improved means of volunteering, is soon to be launched by the MOA, most likely in February. Please be patient and wait for the announcement.

Paul

Thanks for the note, Paul.
I sent a message through the portal on the Rally page as well as a follow up email to you.
I've volunteered at every Rally I've attended as well as serving as Committee Chair when the Rally was here in Minnesota a couple years back. So I'm looking forward to participating in some capacity.
I hope the kinks get ironed out of the new sign-up system.
That said; I remain at your service.

Joe

A few nights ago I was able to find a volunteer page where I could select job and a shift. I can't find it no more. Help Cecil, help.

I didn't have any luck finding the volunteer page.
I found the following in the Rally FAQ section.

How can I volunteer to help out?

Lots of work happens before the Rally even opens. Contact the Volunteer Committee Chair, Paul Ruffel for current needs. At the rally, the Volunteer Booth is located in the MOA building and you can sign up to volunteer there. Stop by and sign up for a shift or two. NOTHING would happen without our fantastic volunteers!

Try contacting Paul by email. rallyvolunteers@bmwmoa.org

Found the info on the right side of the Rally FAQ Page.
https://rally.bmwmoa.org/504-2/

Direct link. https://rally.bmwmoa.org/committees/

Check out the thread by AKBeemer titled: "Rides and Points of Interest around Great Falls"

Good reasons to Saddle up and Ride.

"travel'n" john

The Official 2020 MOA Rally Sticker (Saddle Up & Ride)... is being circulated/distributed at some Dealerships about now.

I have one from Gateway BMW, St. Louis.

Attractive design, looks nice and sticks well! About 3" round... colors of Big Sky Blue, Black & White.

And just like any event T-Shirt with the "full date" displayed... I could have done without the "June 25-28" information.

The year 2020... is quite enough as time passes!

"travel'n" john

The Official 2020 MOA Rally Sticker (Saddle Up & Ride)... is being circulated/distributed at some Dealerships about now.

I have one from Gateway BMW, St. Louis.

Attractive design, looks nice and sticks well! About 3" round... colors of Big Sky Blue, Black & White.

And just like any event T-Shirt with the "full date" displayed... I could have done without the "June 25-28" information.

The year 2020... is quite enough as time passes!

"travel'n" john

Picture ?????

The Rally Logo and the sticker are the same image displayed in the magazine and on media sites.

A quick depiction of the promotion item (sticker/t-shirt) is located on the RALLY web-page, by simply selecting "Register Now"...

...then scroll down just a little and the "best" image appears on the t-shirt selection, where you can enlarge the image used on the sticker.

Hope that helps... loading a picture is tough for me.

"travel'n" John

So stickers are the same as this? I like it !
Hope the t-shirt comes in colors other than black as they have in the past.

shirt_mockup.png

Thats it!

I really like the shirt design also. At $15 pre-order they should be popular.

The promo sticker includes the exact rally dates at the bottom of the image. Personally glad the shirt omits those specifics.

"travel'n" John

Discount registration ends tomorrow, Feb 15th

Might as well sign up and get the discount while it is in effect. Runs out tomorrow, Feb 15th.

I signed up yesterday.

Harry

I tried to register for rally on 2/1. I couldn't get the registration to accept my member number so sent email to membership services. Never got a response. Went back in to try again before deals end today and still wouldn't accept my member number. On 2/1 there were 30 RV sites left with electric only and now there are none so I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back