• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Glenlivet and will have been on the road for two months by the solstice. On that day we’ll be leaving Lopez Island (San Juans of Washington) headed to the North Cascades

Pete

Wow... and I have only vague idea of what I will be doing next Tuesday.

The Montana State Map has arrived, along with a friendly welcoming note from the Business Development Director
of the Great Falls Montana Tourism Office, Kristin Dayao.
Their host in Lebanon, Mr. Jake Bash, certainly conveyed our enthusiasm and attendance expected for 2020, in returning to basecamp!
And well depicted on the fantastic document: a really nice map of Great Falls AND the ExpoPark location.
Leave the Sip'nDip westbound, cross the Central Ave bridge and turn right!
Other neat stuff shown for example; a good map of Yellowstone NP (WY) ???
The ghost & mining towns in MT and the location where Gen. Custer was caught with his pants down by Sitting Bull.
If arriving from the east, or FARGO (777miles)...
via the Lewis & Clark route/trail, turn right on 3rd St NW at the Post Office, look for ExpoPark about 3 miles along west bank of the Missouri River.
Yeah... it's a nice map.
Thanks www.VisitGreatFallsMontana.org
See you at the mermaid show!

"travel'n" John

Dear Santa;

All I want for Christmas is for the five micro-breweries and the Sip'nDip Lounge to operate shuttles during our rally... and A Mermaid on every bus please.

Merry Christmas all...
john

Dear Santa;

All I want for Christmas is for the five micro-breweries and the Sip'nDip Lounge to operate shuttles during our rally... and A Mermaid on every bus please.

Merry Christmas all...
john

Ahhhh...Transportation Update:

Wife learned of my Wish List; she stated if there's a mermaid on the bus... the only way "MY BMW" is going to Montana is just like Lewis & Clark... a slow boat!

So... should the Chamber of Commerce or the Business Development Director comes through for my wishes... I'll be shipping the bike and on a fly & ride!

See you in Montana in June, just six months from today. Happy Holidays!

"travel'n" John

See you in great falls...

This is THE header for the article! Inside the January copy of BMW ON, in my mailbox on New Years Eve... a final enticement for riding in 2020.

The article by our Rally Chairs, Corey and Becky Smith, detail quite a bit of good information concerning the Rally site and Great Falls itself.

The best news for me... was revealed in just the third paragraph; there it was, like a treasured Holiday gift:

"Great Falls is excited to have us, so much so in fact...
they are providing a FREE TROLLY to take rally-goers from the Expo Park to the downtown area and the many restaurants, breweries and other sights found there."

I'm guessing you may also ride back; unless the "other sights found there" makes you forget about the last trolly returning!

Mermaids in Montana might cause that. Yep, Montana... The Last Best Place.

"travel'n" John

The best news for me... was revealed in just the third paragraph; there it was, like a treasured Holiday gift:
"Great Falls is excited to have us, so much so in fact...
they are providing a FREE TROLLY to take rally-goers from the Expo Park to the downtown area and the many restaurants, breweries and other sights found there."

One of the truly great things about the BMW MOA and our annual rallies is the degree to which our prior host cities will vouch for us to upcoming or future cities. It is a key reason we are welcome when we arrive. We have a reputation and it is a good one.

Fellow Canuck at the Rally

Would there happen to be a list of hotels in the area? I'm planning on leading a contingent of Canucks from the west coast to sample the local brews. :D

Canadian ex-pat heading there from Salt Lake City. I will definitely be looking for the Canuck gathering in MT! It was a blast when the rally was in SLC and I don't see "my people" that often anymore.

One of the truly great things about the BMW MOA and our annual rallies is the degree to which our prior host cities will vouch for us to upcoming or future cities. It is a key reason we are welcome when we arrive. We have a reputation and it is a good one.

That is so true, and makes the job of finding rally sites and then running the rallies so much easier. It also pays dividends in that most communities (especially businesses) are informed that we are "nice people" by their Visitors and Convention Bureaus.

Rental RT for Rally

Anyone know of a BMW motorcycle rental source near the rally or a state or so away ? Ideally we (wife & I, 2-up ) get an RT 1200,1250 or K1600 Within a radius of 1-3 days ride from Great Falls. So far I've just found Las Vegas. Its a little far. Thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone know of a BMW motorcycle rental source near the rally or a state or so away ? Ideally we (wife & I, 2-up ) get an RT 1200,1250 or K1600 Within a radius of 1-3 days ride from Great Falls. So far I've just found Las Vegas. Its a little far. Thanks.

I went down this path. I think there might be one in Idaho. I'm planning on going, but will be riding in on something other than a BMW. I tape some roundels over whatever I end up renting.

Eagle Rider has a location 800 miles south of Great Falls in Grand Junction Co.
https://www.eaglerider.com/reservation/motorcycles

Another location in Seattle, 640 miles west of Great Falls but the rental rate is higher.
https://www.eaglerider.com/reservation/motorcycles

Both have a RT.

The Official Rally Web Page...

...I've recently noticed, is NOW up and running.

"travel'n" John

I've heard a rumor...

... from a friend who knows stuff that's been proven true.

And at this juncture it is... BMW MOTORRAD's DEMO Fleet, IS NOT on the calendar of events for the BMWMOA Great Falls Montana Rally.

"travel'n" John

... from a friend who knows stuff that's been proven true.

And at this juncture it is... BMW MOTORRAD's DEMO Fleet, IS NOT on the calendar of events for the BMWMOA Great Falls Montana Rally.

"travel'n" John
I know they publish events on website, but that doesn't look like the same website I went to last year for list of events when I was at a demo event. Doesn't look like they have any USA events published yet on the website. What is best URL to view demo events?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

It's actually, really odd...

at a fantastic riding location like Great Falls MT... MOTORRAD has not committed to our International Rally and our many dedicated members.

Who themselves...HAVE committed to the marque!

And it's just five (5) months away.

"travel'n" John

A few nights ago I was able to find a volunteer page where I could select job and a shift. I can't find it no more. Help Cecil, help.

A few nights ago I was able to find a volunteer page where I could select job and a shift. I can't find it no more. Help Cecil, help.

I sent two emails alerting them that I am available as a volunteer.
I have heard nothing so I assume they have all the help they need and don't need volunteers.
Very disappointing.

Joe

Back