Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 MOA Rally at Montana ExpoPark in Great Falls, Montana

Cool 2020 Rally

Quote Originally Posted by CABNFVR View Post
    It better be. We're booked

Rooms at Lebanon filled up fast and there are only a couple of walking distance hotels in Great Falls. Rates will likely go up as well once word gets out. Great destination, and we need another trip out west.
    WE too are booked, Some of you beat me to the "good rooms"!! How did you get rooms so early?? We have tried the Hampton and Holiday from the time we left Lebanon and they were booked?? HOW does anyone do that??
    Don "Radar" Wreyford
    00 K1200LT, 98 R1100GS AE, 84 R100RS, 76 R75/6
    MOA # 91738, RA #27032 , ABC #7915 - "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

Hampton was booked solid when I looked.
    I got rooms at Hilton Garden Inn down the street.

Joe
    “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

Cool Booking

Quote Originally Posted by 61996 View Post

Joe
    Joe,

That’s where we are! See you for a cold one in the bar!! :-)
    Don "Radar" Wreyford
    00 K1200LT, 98 R1100GS AE, 84 R100RS, 76 R75/6
    MOA # 91738, RA #27032 , ABC #7915 - "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Radar41 View Post
    Joe,

That’s where we are! See you for a cold one in the bar!! :-)
    That sounds like a plan!!

Joe
    “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    My advice for those who plan to ride the road: Ride east to west... Start early... very early, first light early...
    Over the years, I've done many trips through the Park. For first timers, I suggest that an early in the morning, east to west ride, on the Going to the Sun is worth doing.

But one of the must do roads in the West is 89 south from St. Mary, over Two Medicine Ridge, to Kiowa, then the Looking Glass Hill Road to East Glacier, and Marias Pass (#2), to West Glacier. Looking Glass Hill is unevenly maintained, so watch out for short gravel sections and road slumping.

St. Mary to Kiowa is a great technical section of road, to exercise your skills.
    Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by 61996 View Post

Joe
    Ditto here! Sounds like it will be a BMW hotel!
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Rinty View Post
    Over the years, I've done many trips through the Park. For first timers, I suggest that an early in the morning, east to west ride, on the Going to the Sun is worth doing.

But one of the must do roads in the West is 89 south from St. Mary, over Two Medicine Ridge, to Kiowa, then the Looking Glass Hill Road to East Glacier, and Marias Pass (#2), to West Glacier. Looking Glass Hill is unevenly maintained, so watch out for short gravel sections and road slumping.

St. Mary to Kiowa is a great technical section of road, to exercise your skills.
    And watch out for free range cattle on the road on the ridge. There seem to be some on or near the road every time we ride Hwy 89.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Rinty View Post

I was there last summer in a rental Expedition. Some of that area was "under construction" where they take the road to underlying dirt and then take the weekend off and you're on your own. We navigated around the work, free range cattle, RVs and full dress Harleys all rolling through the mud. It sure was different than here in the East.

I booked a room for the rally, I will probably leave part way through and join my family in Glacier. I'm trying to figure out how to get to Great Falls though. I will fly in somewhere and get my son and I to the rally so he can do the GEARS class. I want to rent a bike out that way, but trying to figure it all out. Any MOA members out that way interested in renting me their spare bike?

Great Falls HGI

Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    Ditto here! Sounds like it will be a BMW hotel!
    FYI for the group, while I just booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn (because it seems like that's where all the cool kids are staying ) My Hilton app also showed availability at the Hampton Inn as of today.

Pix

Just booked a room with extended stay america at 800 river dr. south, great falls from the 24th to the 28th next year. 248.00 for 4 nights with military discount. It's .80 miles from the expo. Probably Uber over and back each day.

See ya there folks, looking forward to this one.
    Last edited by brownie0486; 07-12-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

We are at the StayBridge Suites. They claim it is a three minute walk to the park. That time estimate must assume one will not jaywalk, because it is directly across the street from the gate.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Uber .80 of a mile?

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    We are at the StayBridge Suites. They claim it is a three minute walk to the park. That time estimate must assume one will not jaywalk, because it is directly across the street from the gate.
    Yep, Cabnfvr (a.k.a as Tim) and I are at the SpringHill Suites, also right across from the Expo. We figured we may as well get in some extra exercise walking over.

Just to make sure....

Y'all realize that this is the National and not a Weekend Getaway, right?

(says he who will be there with his wife in our RV!)

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Cool

[QUOTE=Visian;1172840]Y'all realize that this is the National and not a Weekend Getaway, right?

Now that's funny!