• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Exactly true, and with all that's transpired in just the last week... a full month from today, will be a long time.

Our Nation, Canada... were not out of the Great Falls possibility yet. Many factors in play; testing likely at the forefront.

Then when/if all else works out, our Club has the economic factors to consider... contract satisfaction, attendance concerns, and vendor participation to name a few.

Less folks in line at the shower trailer, or will there be even MORE... because folks don't want to use lodging?

While we are waiting for more news, I see three possibilities:

1. Hold the rally as planned this year
2. Cancel for this year and come back at some future time
3. Cancel for this year but reschedule for next year

Which of these would most likely encourage you to attend and why?

I pick door #3. I highly doubt there will be some magic solution for COVID 19 that will suddenly allow me to feel comfortable with attending the Rally in June. Great Falls is a wonderful location for the Rally and the Rally is due for a Western rotation. It would not be fair to those of us that live on the West coast to just skip the Western location and re-start the rotation.

My .02.

#3 for sure. No chance of attending this year due to health considerations on the home front. Attending would mean quarantining for 14 days on returning home; that’s just not in the cards.

Best,
DeVern

I probably think #3 would work best for me. But would consider 1 & 2 as well.

#3 as well but I would certainly understand if any contractual obligations already in place for next year made this impractical.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Is it possible a commitment has already been made for the 2021 rally? If so, it might impact the ability for #3.

My vote goes for candidate # 3.

Okay, so is Fargo east or west? I pass through each summer travelng back to MI to visit family. Heading east it seems like the beginning of the deciduos forests and lake states. Heading west, the start of the tall grass prairie and wide open spaces. I suppose it depends on which way you're facing, the sunrise or the sunset.

Okay, so is Fargo east or west? I pass through each summer travelng back to MI to visit family. Heading east it seems like the beginning of the deciduos forests and lake states. Heading west, the start of the tall grass prairie and wide open spaces. I suppose it depends on which way you're facing, the sunrise or the sunset.

You have described some of the characteristics which establish that Fargo is really a portal to another dimension. Some enter. Some exit. Some never do either.

Another answer to your question is that Fargo is in the Central Zone, which is the next rally zone in the west-central-east-repeat rotation schedule.

https://www.bmwmoa.org/news/396758/Rally-Zones-updated-2019-Rally-location-dates-announced.htm

Is it possible a commitment has already been made for the 2021 rally? If so, it might impact the ability for #3.

Normally the rally site is announced in April.
I don't think the board met this April but they may have done it with a web meeting.

I have opined,and Greg has agreed that 2021 is already contracted in. We wont be back to the Montana region until the rotation.
MADDOG MOA BG Chair:drink

I have opined,and Greg has agreed that 2021 is already contracted in. We wont be back to the Montana region until the rotation.

Not so fast. I maybe agree. But, sometimes in the recent past final contracts have not been signed until March or even April. I have no idea what the Board was thinking in March except to maybe have some trepidation about Great Falls and the future. So until I hear otherwise I'm not sure what to think.

We can always hope to go to Fargo. :wave

Although I suspect that is the case, I also believe that a lot more money and hard commitments have been spent and made for Great Falls than for the 2021 site. Assuming GF is to be cancelled, it would seem to me easier to push back the 2021 site than to recover all/most of our money from all the Great Falls contracts and other costs and commitments. Said another way, it could be easier to get the GF vendors/site/etc. to hold our money for a year than to get them to just give it back. Guess we'll see.

Back