Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Montana Expo Park Events

All of the scheduled events at the Montana Expo Park for the next three weeks have either been cancelled or postponed! Hard to see this improving by Rally time...

Regards: Chuck

http://www.goexpopark.com

NorCAL BMW 49er Rally at Mariposa, CA over Memorial Day weekend and National

I'm the Rally Chair and we still have everything in place for an expected 5-600 attendees BUT we just went under "shelter in place", the Hillsborough Classic Concourse, The Quail Motorcycle Gathering the first of May and other events have cancelled as of yesterday. Even the campgrounds at Death Valley shut down and that's where this month's club meeting was scheduled.

We have agreements in place for refunds and cancelations in place with the trigger date another month away.

Pretty much wait and see but it's not looking good.

Greg
    Greg Hutchinson
    R80G/S (4) 633CSi with 450K mile
    '68 R60/2 '88 K100RS Special Edition
    http://gregsgssite.shutterfly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    We now carry sanitizing wipes.
    I never used sanitizing wipes in the past but now I carry them in the car.
    After going to the store I clean my hands in the car and when back at the house I wash my hands.
    At the store I use my cloth bags instead of a store cart or baskit.

My wife works retail so I'll be surprised if she doesn't catch it.
    She does seem to be resistant to things like the flu. In the last 30 years I don't remember her taking a sick day for flu, cold, ect.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I’m usually offered help for loading the cart at the club stores. I tell them “I got it, thanks”.
    They always want to put my lunch meat where the kids with the poopy diapers had been sitting
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    That's why I said YMMV. The only time we leave the property is for a little "day ride". I may fill at the gas pumps or might just fill from the gas here at home. It depends. We are literally hunkered down for up to three months if necessary.
    I will add some blue gloves in tank bag after thinking about this yesterday fueling two bikes.
    Does gas kill the virus? I joke... I kept gloves on but prob touching a lot of things on ride

We live in a social distanced environment more than others already but will be more vigilant.
    Our club canceled our Kerrville spring rally this week just as the park was kicking us out anyways due to size. Tough call... but not really
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Our club canceled our Kerrville spring rally this week just as the park was kicking us out anyways due to size.
    That was the polite way of saying you were a bunch of trouble makers
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

'49er Rally

Quote Originally Posted by beemerguru View Post
    I'm the Rally Chair and we still have everything in place for an expected 5-600 attendees BUT we just went under "shelter in place", the Hillsborough Classic Concourse, The Quail Motorcycle Gathering the first of May and other events have cancelled as of yesterday. Even the campgrounds at Death Valley shut down and that's where this month's club meeting was scheduled.

We have agreements in place for refunds and cancelations in place with the trigger date another month away.

Pretty much wait and see but it's not looking good.

Greg

Greg; sorry to hear this! I usually start my Rally season off with the '49! Last year it looked like the attendance was way up, and I enjoyed attending! Best of luck to the club, moving forward!

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck3 View Post
    All of the scheduled events at the Montana Expo Park for the next three weeks have either been cancelled or postponed! Hard to see this improving by Rally time...

http://www.goexpopark.com

I had a look at their calendar of events. I was disappointed to find that we the BMW Club were not even listed.

Plenty of events May, June & July... but not the BMWMOA anywhere.

If fifteen consecutive years of annual rally's has shown me anything, it's this:

If the Event Staff doesn't acknowledge you before arrival, there may some issues of readiness.

This scenario hit home a few years back; a team of fairgrounds employees addressing a set-up issue told me: "we didn't even know you guy's were coming".

I've picked up too much trash in camp area's, swept up loose pea gravel & sand in the corners, and even asked if I could run the lawn mower!

I hope by now someone at Lebanon/Wilson Co has finally hung mirror's over those sink's we had to attempt shaving at... you get my drift.

This C-19 pandemic makes me grouchy; and finding out we're not listed doesn't help matters.

"travel'n" John
    Future wannabe Chairman of the never established "Contract Requirements/Advance Preparation" ... CRAP Team!

Look around some more. The Expo website has almost nothing listed for June. Take a look here: https://eventful.com/greatfalls/even...01-133023282-7
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    MOA #153274
    "We have met the enemy, and he is us." Pogo/via Walt Kelly

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ExGMan View Post
    Look around some more.

Thank You; I'm glad I did. The visitGreatFallsMontana.org website is fantastic... and has our event listed & described!

Also, within that Tourism/Advertising website under Site Map is a "blog" area. There are some very enticing articles contained there...

Now, IF WE can just be safe to actually GO!

Annie and I are working with the Director of ExpoPark, Susan, in our capacity as Co-Chairs of the Chartered Club Camping Committee. Susan is being very helpful and is certainly aware that we are coming, excited about having a group like ours and committed to making our experience a good one. When we discovered that the large tents that clubs like to have as gathering places in their assigned camping areas are in short supply in Great Falls, Susan immediately volunteered to get tents from Missoula (170 miles away) shipped to ExpoPark and erected by her staff..... all at less than half the price of getting one of the few tents available in GF. We are confident that the ExpoPark folks will do their best to accomodate us.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

I am sure hopeful it will go on!

I suggest that if this event falls through because of the circumstances that we reschedule there as soon as possible in spite of our goals for different regions, based on the extrordinary hospitality the City and Staff at Expo Park has shown over the last year.A contigency plan I am sure is in the making!
    Knick
    R1200GS
    Vespa ET4

Registered User northernfrontier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Annie and I are working with the Director of ExpoPark, Susan, in our capacity as Co-Chairs of the Chartered Club Camping Committee..
    Thanks for all your hard work to keep the hope alive...
    Keep riding.