• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Montana Expo Park Events

All of the scheduled events at the Montana Expo Park for the next three weeks have either been cancelled or postponed! Hard to see this improving by Rally time...

Regards: Chuck

http://www.goexpopark.com

NorCAL BMW 49er Rally at Mariposa, CA over Memorial Day weekend and National

I'm the Rally Chair and we still have everything in place for an expected 5-600 attendees BUT we just went under "shelter in place", the Hillsborough Classic Concourse, The Quail Motorcycle Gathering the first of May and other events have cancelled as of yesterday. Even the campgrounds at Death Valley shut down and that's where this month's club meeting was scheduled.

We have agreements in place for refunds and cancelations in place with the trigger date another month away.

Pretty much wait and see but it's not looking good.

Greg

We now carry sanitizing wipes.

I never used sanitizing wipes in the past but now I carry them in the car.
After going to the store I clean my hands in the car and when back at the house I wash my hands.
At the store I use my cloth bags instead of a store cart or baskit.

My wife works retail so I'll be surprised if she doesn't catch it.
She does seem to be resistant to things like the flu. In the last 30 years I don't remember her taking a sick day for flu, cold, ect.

I’m usually offered help for loading the cart at the club stores. I tell them “I got it, thanks”.
They always want to put my lunch meat where the kids with the poopy diapers had been sitting :sick
OM

That's why I said YMMV. The only time we leave the property is for a little "day ride". I may fill at the gas pumps or might just fill from the gas here at home. It depends. We are literally hunkered down for up to three months if necessary.

I will add some blue gloves in tank bag after thinking about this yesterday fueling two bikes.
Does gas kill the virus? I joke... I kept gloves on but prob touching a lot of things on ride

We live in a social distanced environment more than others already but will be more vigilant.
Our club canceled our Kerrville spring rally this week just as the park was kicking us out anyways due to size. Tough call... but not really

'49er Rally

I'm the Rally Chair and we still have everything in place for an expected 5-600 attendees BUT we just went under "shelter in place", the Hillsborough Classic Concourse, The Quail Motorcycle Gathering the first of May and other events have cancelled as of yesterday. Even the campgrounds at Death Valley shut down and that's where this month's club meeting was scheduled.

We have agreements in place for refunds and cancelations in place with the trigger date another month away.

Pretty much wait and see but it's not looking good.

Greg

Greg; sorry to hear this! I usually start my Rally season off with the '49! Last year it looked like the attendance was way up, and I enjoyed attending! Best of luck to the club, moving forward!

All of the scheduled events at the Montana Expo Park for the next three weeks have either been cancelled or postponed! Hard to see this improving by Rally time...

http://www.goexpopark.com

I had a look at their calendar of events. I was disappointed to find that we the BMW Club were not even listed.

Plenty of events May, June & July... but not the BMWMOA anywhere.

If fifteen consecutive years of annual rally's has shown me anything, it's this:

If the Event Staff doesn't acknowledge you before arrival, there may some issues of readiness.

This scenario hit home a few years back; a team of fairgrounds employees addressing a set-up issue told me: "we didn't even know you guy's were coming".

I've picked up too much trash in camp area's, swept up loose pea gravel & sand in the corners, and even asked if I could run the lawn mower!

I hope by now someone at Lebanon/Wilson Co has finally hung mirror's over those sink's we had to attempt shaving at... you get my drift.

This C-19 pandemic makes me grouchy; and finding out we're not listed doesn't help matters.

"travel'n" John
Future wannabe Chairman of the never established "Contract Requirements/Advance Preparation" ... CRAP Team!

Look around some more.

Thank You; I'm glad I did. The visitGreatFallsMontana.org website is fantastic... and has our event listed & described!

Also, within that Tourism/Advertising website under Site Map is a "blog" area. There are some very enticing articles contained there...

Now, IF WE can just be safe to actually GO!

Annie and I are working with the Director of ExpoPark, Susan, in our capacity as Co-Chairs of the Chartered Club Camping Committee. Susan is being very helpful and is certainly aware that we are coming, excited about having a group like ours and committed to making our experience a good one. When we discovered that the large tents that clubs like to have as gathering places in their assigned camping areas are in short supply in Great Falls, Susan immediately volunteered to get tents from Missoula (170 miles away) shipped to ExpoPark and erected by her staff..... all at less than half the price of getting one of the few tents available in GF. We are confident that the ExpoPark folks will do their best to accomodate us.

I suggest that if this event falls through because of the circumstances that we reschedule there as soon as possible in spite of our goals for different regions, based on the extrordinary hospitality the City and Staff at Expo Park has shown over the last year.A contigency plan I am sure is in the making!

I was beyond excited when I found out the rally was coming to MT. This would be the first national rally my wife will actually attend with me.

But things will really really have to change before we attend. I hope and pray things work out, but I'm not holding my breath. :dunno The good news is that we have 3 months to play with before the rally. Hopefully C-19 is under wraps by then.

If this rally were to be called off, how much time prior to the rally would that decision have to be made?

I was beyond excited when I found out the rally was coming to MT. This would be the first national rally my wife will actually attend with me.

But things will really really have to change before we attend. I hope and pray things work out, but I'm not holding my breath. :dunno The good news is that we have 3 months to play with before the rally. Hopefully C-19 is under wraps by then.

If this rally were to be called off, how much time prior to the rally would that decision have to be made?

Based on a message earlier on the Forum from Ted Moyer, the BMW MOA Executive Director, any decision to cancel will likely be made in May at the latest. Such a decision may be made by the MOA, or it could be made for us by Montana or Great Falls authorities through prohibitions of groups beyond a certain size.

I suggest that if this event falls through because of the circumstances that we reschedule there as soon as possible in spite of our goals for different regions, based on the extrordinary hospitality the City and Staff at Expo Park has shown over the last year.A contigency plan I am sure is in the making!

Undoubtably a superb idea!

Undoubtably a superb idea!

Absolutely!

Annie and I are working with the Director of ExpoPark, Susan, in our capacity as Co-Chairs of the Chartered Club Camping Committee. Susan is being very helpful and is certainly aware that we are coming, excited about having a group like ours and committed to making our experience a good one. When we discovered that the large tents that clubs like to have as gathering places in their assigned camping areas are in short supply in Great Falls, Susan immediately volunteered to get tents from Missoula (170 miles away) shipped to ExpoPark and erected by her staff..... all at less than half the price of getting one of the few tents available in GF. We are confident that the ExpoPark folks will do their best to accomodate us.

As you undoubtably know by the focus and attention on all things Great Falls and Montana in general... We are eager to enjoy the riding and hospitality!

And we are grateful to have both of you in the region, coordinating and working on Rally logistics on our behalf; Thank You Kevin & Annie.

"travel'n" John
...one who hopes to arrive in Great Falls someday as a Safety Co-Chair.

Back