• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

flyhi2cfar

#102452 Sometimes Hangared... But Always Aimed Out
The BMW MOA International Rally will *NOW* visit Great Falls, Montana... on June 24 - 27, 2021

The MOA's annual homecoming will be hosted by the Montana ExpoPark. The ExpoPark is a spacious 133 acre facility. The center offers exhibition space, conference/meeting space, concerts as well as spacious lawn areas that can be used for camping. Located just off of Interstate 15, ExpoPark provides easy access to some of the best riding in the Mountain West.

This is going to be good!
You can bet the folks from Great Falls Visitor Center will be quite busy handing out state/local maps and tourism brochures at the Tennessee Rally.
(our last International Rally way back in 2019)

Under the shade trees, the beer garden, all should be lively with conversation in planning the Montana trip.
What a great continent... and opportunity we have as riders.

"travel'n" John

Last edited:
From what I can tell from Google images, there's about 80 RV sites with electric pedestals. I'll be there.

Edit: On closer look more like a couple hundred.

Last edited:
And just think: About 365 days from now... a fleet of riders and RV'ers from points East of the Miss'sip River will set out for the West and Montana.

The Expo Park and Great Falls itself really looks nice. Their folks are likely arriving today in Tennessee with a bunch of literature to pass out...
sure hope they've shipped enough!

"travel'n" john

And just think: About 365 days from now... a fleet of riders and RV'ers from points East of the Miss'sip River will set out for the West and Montana.

The Expo Park and Great Falls itself really looks nice. Their folks are likely arriving today in Tennessee with a bunch of literature to pass out...
sure hope they've shipped enough!

"travel'n" john

well, err, umm... it's been said that MOA riders never cross the Mississippi, but let's hope that has improved.

It is a good site and good destination. I hope I can make it and hopefully see my west coast friends again.

Ian

Yes Joe, it's officially time to realize the next gig is going to be a big deal... under the Big Sky!

While the Tennessee offering being close to home, never seemed like a "trip"... Montana offers that in spades.

Myself, I spent the better part of my ride home thinking of June 2020.
And I'm hoping there is a lot of things we the MOA can do better at the ExpoPark; as always... time will tell.

Was hoping to talk seriously with a FEW representatives from Great Falls and the Facility itself, but seems the Visitor Department sent just one guy!
He was overmatched and under prepared. Maps were too big of an expense to bulk ship... so he had a sign-up list for mailing by Friday afternoon running.
The very nice MOA/Great Falls Ride Card was nice though.
However the brochure "Art and Adventure" never mentions or shows the Expo on the map inside... a rather auspicious start for their marketing for us.
I do however possess the name and address of 5 breweries and know of a live mermaid show at the Sip'nDip Lounge; so there you go!

"travel'n" John

Last edited:
If I go to this, it would be my second rally ever and I’d have to fly in for it. Would like to rent a bike to ride around while I’m there. Any tips on this would be appreciated.

Eagle Rider

If I go to this, it would be my second rally ever and I’d have to fly in for it. Would like to rent a bike to ride around while I’m there. Any tips on this would be appreciated.

I have no personal experience with motorcycle rentals in Great Falls, but I googled it. Eagle Rider is a nationwide broker of motorcycle rentals. They have an outlet in Belgrade and in Billings Montana. But I'm pretty sure the brand they offer is Harley Davidson. You wouldn't be the first to ride a HD to the MOA rally.

Good luck, I hope to see you there.

Hank Pfister
Bent Mtn. VA
2014 R1200GS
1973 R75/5
1984 R100/Dnepr

Back