Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1759

Thread: THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up June Edition of BMW Owners News...

... In my mailbox yesterday, Saturday of the Memorial Day Weekend.

And chock full of great information about things Great Falls related. Some new and neat stuff will be introduced there.

I've never known that I wanted a 2021 BMW F 850GS 40th A.E. ...until I read how it will be equipped!
    As a top prize, Mr. Honz and the excellent folks at Gateway BMW in St Louis MO will be laying a nice build out on this machine.
    It would cost a 5 spot ($ 000's)... if you did it, to equip the bike like they will be doing.
    I read the list of goodies and my eye's watered!

I for one will say "Thank You", to ALL of the Donor's providing prize's for the Montana Rally!
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep you a steady eye ahead, with a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with the brakes... for every mile of road, there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

Glad I bought a ticket even if I won't be there.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    Glad I bought a ticket even if I won't be there.
    Speaking of "being there"... a change this year at the Rally's Closing Ceremony.

For the donor prize's given away for the Rally attendees, you do not have to be in the grandstand.

They know who participated by attending the Rally, and will contact the person for the prize that's drawn.
    Previous to this change, only volunteers that were out working somewhere were in this category.

Now that will speed up the proceedings!
    "Keep you a steady eye ahead, with a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with the brakes... for every mile of road, there are two miles of the ditch"

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    Speaking of "being there"... a change this year at the Rally's Closing Ceremony.

For the donor prize's given away for the Rally attendees, you do not have to be in the grandstand.

They know who participated by attending the Rally, and will contact the person for the prize that's drawn.
    Previous to this change, only volunteers that were out working somewhere were in this category.

Where did you read this? I ask because it's been the policy for many years that you did not have to be there to win prizes from the BMW MOA. However, vendors who donate prizes have always had the right to require that you be present to win, and almost all of them do this. So, it has depended on who is providing the prize.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & 2022 BMW MOA Rally Co-Chair
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    Where did you read this? I ask because it's been the policy for many years that you did not have to be there to win prizes from the BMW MOA. However, vendors who donate prizes have always had the right to require that you be present to win, and almost all of them do this. So, it has depended on who is providing the prize.

As revealed in the June 1st... "It's Rally Time" News update from the Chairman, on the Rally Webpage. Third paragraph up from the bottom.

Also stated on page 23 of the June BMW ON. Third paragraph from end of article.

Not to be confused with Door Prizes... they only talk about the Grand Prize opportunities.

So they've evidently twisted the arm of the donor's to accept this "new" process.

As revealed in the June 1st... "It's Rally Time" News update from the Chairman, on the Rally Webpage. Third paragraph up from the bottom.

Also stated on page 23 of the June BMW ON. Third paragraph from end of article.

Not to be confused with Door Prizes... they only talk about the Grand Prize opportunities.

So they've evidently twisted the arm of the donor's to accept this "new" process.
    Yes, it would seem so, as many of the vendors donate something valuable enough to be a "Grand Prize". This could be a COVID-related change. Very nice! Thanks for the news.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & 2022 BMW MOA Rally Co-Chair
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    Yes, it would seem so, as many of the vendors donate something valuable enough to be a "Grand Prize". This could be a COVID-related change. Very nice! Thanks for the news.
    Dang and THIS will be the first I'll be attending the closing ceremonies. I recall one year waaaay back I was at Americade and did not attend the closing with same policy .... I was drawn for a Campout Trailer!! UGH... Of course all my buddies had to rush over to my hotel and share that news with me
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

RK Ryder

I am really glad to read this.

I have always considered to be an unfair part of our Rally and should have happened years ago. Some folks often have leave sometime during Saturday in order to cover enough distance to be at work for Monday morning.
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Knights of the Roundel #333

And speaking of vendors donating valuable prizes at the rally, I note the current issue of ON (p.24) lists BigEar's Custom set of Ear Plugs (sic) is valued at $1953. Gosh, I've never owned high end ear plugs, since the foam roll-ups do the job for me, but, man, those guys must be something to behold! I wonder if they come in a Waterford crystal case.

Quote Originally Posted by walt3022 View Post
    And speaking of vendors donating valuable prizes at the rally, I note the current issue of ON (p.24) lists BigEar's Custom set of Ear Plugs (sic) is valued at $1953. Gosh, I've never owned high end ear plugs, since the foam roll-ups do the job for me, but, man, those guys must be something to behold! I wonder if they come in a Waterford crystal case.
    I wonder if they have some sort of a Bluetooth connection embedded similar to some of the high end hearing aids which can cost $3000 or more. But I agree the little foam is work perfect for me
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Lightbulb Rally Registration "carryover" from 2020 into 2021...

... keep this in mind, it applies if you've not taken other action.

From a related thread:
    This question is probably buried somewhere in previous posts but I couldn't find an answer.
    I registered last year and then let it ride for this year and actually just decided to try and make it.
    Do I need to re-register and is there somewhere on the registration list to check if carry over?

The Answer:
    You are still registered for this year. Show up at the rally and give them your name.

Ted

Thumbs up From the FAQ's on the Saddle Up & Ride Information pages...

CAN I BUY NEW TIRES AT THE RALLY?
    If you need tires during the rally, contact Sports City Cyclery. They are extending their regular hours from 24-26 June (Thursday through Saturday) and will be open for tire installations and minor repairs from 8 AM until 5 PM each day. Please remember SCC is a Honda/Kawasaki shop, not a BMW dealer, so they will not have OEM parts in stock. If you know you're going to need a specific service while you're at the Rally, you should endeavor to bring the parts needed with you.

SCC asks that anybody needing tires or service assistance contact them as soon as possible to set up an appointment. Call or use the email address service@sportscitycyclery.com.

Sports City Cyclery
    101 57th St S
    Great Falls MT 59405
    (406) 727-8566

Smile Montana awaits...

Barely two week out!
    It's time for Ride'n... Saddle Up if you don't live close or haven't departed already.

The three that I ride with are off from the midwest today. Ride Well folks.

Will see many of you that Volunteer with Rally Public Safety.
    The other friends I know well; think back and remember if you owe me a beer!

"travel'n" John
    Safety Chair

It was 20 years ago today....

... well, July 21, 2001.

I am so excited for this rally! Lebanon was a blast and I really missed not having a way to see everyone in one place last year.

My schedule is already chock-full of all kinds of seminars, happy hours, beer-fest, vendor time...it's going to be a very busy week. See you all there!!!!!