Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1143

Thread: THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    A couple times we have ridden in snow where we left a track.
    We didn't like it
    I can relate... ever notice how "narrow" your seat feels as you approach the first curve.
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... every mile of the road, there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

OM said: I think it was Mr. Dylan that said “You don’t need a weatherman to tell which the wind blows”.

I believe that was a reference to the ‘weathermen underground’ during the 1970s, not weather forecasting. The “wind” was a reference to the WH decisions regarding the Viet Nam bs and domestic responses to anti war protests.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbs View Post
    OM said: I think it was Mr. Dylan that said “You don’t need a weatherman to tell which the wind blows”.

I believe that was a reference to the ‘weathermen underground’ during the 1970s, not weather forecasting. The “wind” was a reference to the WH decisions regarding the Viet Nam bs and domestic responses to anti war protests.
    I agree.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    You have included "warm", "June" and "Montana" in the same sentence. You can have any two, but not three of those together. It snowed 14" in Great Falls last week.

I'll take "Montana" and "warm" then.
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... every mile of the road, there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    I'll take "Montana" and "warm" then.
    Then you better plan now for the 12 hour window sometime on the the 35th of Junely some future year.
    Greg Feeler

Then you better plan now for the 12 hour window sometime on the the 35th of Junely some future year.
    The last time I was within sight of Boise it was 106 and we turned north and headed up hill to Stanley. That was probably inn July though. I do know it was a lot cooler in Fargo than Boise.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

We drove to Great Falls today. Went to Malmstrom, AFB to go to the commissary and also went to a Farm and Ranch store called North 40. 55 degrees, sunny with light winds. The good news is that a second North 40 has opened about a half mile from the Expo Park rally site. These are huge stores that carry just about everything one could imagine.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana
    Never have more ambition than adhesion.

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    We drove to Great Falls today. Went to Malmstrom, AFB to go to the commissary and also went to a Farm and Ranch store called North 40. 55 degrees, sunny with light winds. The good news is that a second North 40 has opened about a half mile from the Expo Park rally site. These are huge stores that carry just about everything one could imagine.
    Do they have a shuttle to Fargo?
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Rally Rat
    Rural King is the Midwest/Mid-Atlantic version. Thankfully, they seem to have a policy of repurposing vacant "Big Box" or mall anchor store locations. That's a big benefit for the communities saddled with these hulks.

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Rural King is the Midwest/Mid-Atlantic version. Thankfully, they seem to have a policy of repurposing vacant "Big Box" or mall anchor store locations. That's a big benefit for the communities saddled with these hulks.
    On a slightly smaller scale, Alpine, Texas had an Alco store until it folded. Then it became a Shopco Hometown store until they folded. Then it became a Tractor Supply store which is a huge improvement over either of the other two and is more likely to stay in business too.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

Well, when the apocalypse comes I am going to barricade myself in a North 40. They have everything one could ever need in there to survive for several years. Of course, I'll have to eat prepper rations or what I can grow. What they do not have can be fabricated with what they do. They are, like everyone else, short on ammo, but I can bring my own, if I have to, I guess. Bet Fargo does not have one.... Great Falls has two.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana
    Never have more ambition than adhesion.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    On a slightly smaller scale, Alpine, Texas had an Alco store until it folded. Then it became a Shopco Hometown store until they folded. Then it became a Tractor Supply store which is a huge improvement over either of the other two and is more likely to stay in business too.
    Tractor Supply has 1844 stores in 49 states.

Well, when the apocalypse comes I am going to barricade myself in a North 40. They have everything one could ever need in there to survive for several years. Of course, I'll have to eat prepper rations or what I can grow. What they do not have can be fabricated with what they do. They are, like everyone else, short on ammo, but I can bring my own, if I have to, I guess. Bet Fargo does not have one.... Great Falls has two.
    I guess that rules out Fargo for the time being.
    Greg Feeler

I guess that rules out Fargo for the time being.
    Nah! Fargo has a Tractor Supply.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Nah! Fargo has a Tractor Supply.
    TS is not nearly big enough to survive as a holdout when the SHIF. I'm with akbeemer that a place like North 40 is what's needed. You will need lots of supplies and a defensible perimeter.
    Greg Feeler