Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1145

Thread: THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

2021 rally

iI thank all of my friends for their good thoughts.
    MADDOG

We'll be waiting for you.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Well...the numbers are coming in from the Sturgis rally, and they are not good. N Dak has highest per capita COVID in nation. All mid west is in a COVID surge. Thank you MOA leadership for helping us dodge a bullet!
    On a positive note , two firms have vaccine breakthroughs. Maybe our 2021 rally will happen after all. I for one, did an 11 week odyssey on a 1972 water buffalo in 1973 when I was 21. I want to bookend that in 2021 when I will be 69. Twelve weeks seems about right. There are still a few spots in this great country that I haven't seen. { Spent a month in Alaska, and don't care about Hawaii}
    Would be a great last hurrah. Let's hope it happens.

MADDOG Nat BG Chair " The beer must flow"
    WOW ... 12 weeks sounds like a blast! Hoping you get in every mile of it. While I have ridden in all the lower 48 states I have never done a cross country (true coast to coast) trip and hoping the Great Falls event will allow me to check that off my list. Had planned it for 2020 but we all know how that worked out. This is such a large and amazing country every time a cross a state I find new and interesting stuff to see and roads to ride. Hoping all the very positive vaccine news pans out as they are very optimistic on the delivery of the vaccine.
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    On a positive note , two firms have vaccine breakthroughs. Maybe our 2021 rally will happen after all. I for one, did an 11 week odyssey on a 1972 water buffalo in 1973 when I was 21. I want to bookend that in 2021 when I will be 69. Twelve weeks seems about right. There are still a few spots in this great country that I haven't seen. { Spent a month in Alaska, and don't care about Hawaii}
    Would be a great last hurrah. Let's hope it happens.

MADDOG Nat BG Chair " The beer must flow"
    At a mere 69 Maddog, you are certainly young enough to explore and complete a twelve week ride.

It certainly doesn't need to be a last hurrah. May I suggest in 2022 at the young age of 70, take a similar ride through the ten Canadian provinces on your way to the Beer Garden. Your USD will give you a good bang for your buck with our exchange rate.

See you in Montana!

Paul
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Knights of the Roundel #333

2021 Great Falls MOA Rally Volunteer Chair

canada provinces

HI Paul

Coming out of Alaska, I took Canada Rte 1 all the way to Winnepeg. That completed all provinces . Fully enjoyed the beauty of the Canadian Rockies and even the plains!
    MADDOG

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    WOW ... 12 weeks sounds like a blast! Hoping you get in every mile of it. While I have ridden in all the lower 48 states I have never done a cross country (true coast to coast) trip and hoping the Great Falls event will allow me to check that off my list. Had planned it for 2020 but we all know how that worked out. This is such a large and amazing country every time a cross a state I find new and interesting stuff to see and roads to ride. Hoping all the very positive vaccine news pans out as they are very optimistic on the delivery of the vaccine.

When this Health Pandemic IS finally behind us. We'll ALL be crossing paths... Coast to Coast and 12 Weeks may be the norm!
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... every mile of the road, there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    When this Health Pandemic IS finally behind us. We'll ALL be crossing paths... Coast to Coast and 12 Weeks may be the norm!
    Exactly, and how cool it would be if we met up crossing the country with other MOA members.

Can’t wait.
    Ed Apelian

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Pandemic permitting Glenlivet and I are planning on setting out for the rally in mid-April heading for the southwest while the temps are tolerable then working our way to the coast and a generally northward path. Hope to meet others along the way as we pass through their turf. Be sure to flag us down; we’re hard to miss!

0F7C1605-18CB-4A46-87D6-3A25A2F8B185.jpeg
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    Pandemic permitting Glenlivet and I are planning on setting out for the rally in mid-April heading for the southwest while the temps are tolerable then working our way to the coast and a generally northward path. Hope to meet others along the way as we pass through their turf. Be sure to flag us down; we’re hard to miss!

0F7C1605-18CB-4A46-87D6-3A25A2F8B185.jpeg
    I LOVE this picture!
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

Exactly, and how cool it would be if we met up crossing the country with other MOA members.

Same day's ride....

Last edited by Visian; 11-25-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Yep and what a great ride from WNC!!
    Ed Apelian