Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1525

Thread: THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    And here we go again, maybe. They didn't blink... they canceled.

The mid-June CHIEF JOSEPH RALLY in Oregon, that was scheduled immediately before Montana's Great Falls National.

Is CANCELED for 2021, according to the Club website announcement.

That was the premier lead-in (week-end before) Club Rally, many travelers were planning for.
    Another opportunity eliminated by COVID concerns.
    And at the same time Texas and Mississippi just opened their states 100% ! No masks no restrictions. And I suspect more states will follow.

The BMWRA National Rally originally scheduled for last fall was moved to May 2021 and just recently moved again to August 2021.

Going to be a very interesting year for sure.
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up Good News...

For traveler's en-route for Great Falls this summer.

It's the Red Rock Rendezvous Rally held in Panguitch Utah (June 18-20) the weekend immediately before the National.

The Beehive Beemers (excellent website, great club) offer an attractive Club Rally with fantastic route options into Montana.

The Club even modified their annual rally dates, to accommodate the MOA's newer June offerings.

And they know what's coming... extra rider's.

May I offer... a "Thank You" to L.F. Larimore (RallyMaster) and Club Officers/Members.

Hope to see you there!
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... every mile of the road, there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

TravelsWithBarley.com
    I turned 65 today so became eligible for the vaccine here in Vermont. I logged on first thing in the morning and got an appointment for my first jab this coming Wednesday!...which means Jab #2 will happen in early April. That opens up some options for rides this year!
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet

http://travelswithbarley.com/

The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I turned 65 today so became eligible for the vaccine here in Vermont. I logged on first thing in the morning and got an appointment for my first jab this coming Wednesday!...which means Jab #2 will happen in early April. That opens up some options for rides this year!
    Man I know that feeling! Similar timeline for me; 65 a few months back, worried most all of 2020 especially through the holidays.
    Then February in FL allowed quick progress of the vaccines, both jabs! Even for my wife who is not yet 65.

It's simply a different mindset of optimism that flows through your soul. (...or something like that)

As I say: "shots in the arm & you in the seat.. a 2021 ride to Montana, tough to beat!"
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... every mile of the road, there are two miles of the ditch"

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    Congrats !! I have another month before I hit the magic number. But for me I would go with or without the vaccine. But in NC vaccine opportunities are getting more and more available.
    Ed Apelian

Any fishermen coming to the rally.....?

The Marias River is 60 miles north of Great Falls.

Robbie Dockter of Conrad holds the new Montana state record brown trout caught March 3 on the Marias River. The fish weighed 32.42 pounds and
    measured 37 inches long.
    Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

Angry

How big... is the bear that would eat that ! ???

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Any fishermen coming to the rally.....?

The Marias River is 60 miles north of Great Falls.

Robbie Dockter of Conrad holds the new Montana state record brown trout caught March 3 on the Marias River. The fish weighed 32.42 pounds and
    measured 37 inches long.
    Now THAT is a fish!
    Ed Apelian

The Marias River is 60 miles north of Great Falls.[/SIZE]

No way I'm swimming in that river
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

How many frying pans would you need for that one?
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Too bad that it has been removed from the gene pool. The ones that have what it takes to get so big are the ones you want to reproduce.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    Congrats !! I have another month before I hit the magic number. But for me I would go with or without the vaccine. But in NC vaccine opportunities are getting more and more available.
    We have a re-opening "surge" developing it seems.
    Wyoming just relaxed the mask mandate... I plan a few days there in June & July.

The horizon of summer, looking good indeed.

Let's do this.

Get'cha "shot(s) in the arm, yer'butt in the seat... THIS ride to Montana, can't be beat!"

Will the MOA rally require masks? These states have opened with no mask mandates, including Montana

16 STATES NOW WITH NO MASK MANDATES AND FULLY OPEN FOR BUSINESS..... 🇺🇸🇺🇸
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Florida
    Georgia
    Idaho
    Iowa
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    North Dakota
    Oklahoma
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by brownie0486 View Post
    Will the MOA rally require masks? These states have opened with no mask mandates, including Montana

16 STATES NOW WITH NO MASK MANDATES AND FULLY OPEN FOR BUSINESS..... 🇺🇸🇺🇸
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Florida
    Georgia
    Idaho
    Iowa
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    North Dakota
    Oklahoma
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    The MOA and ExpoPark are obliged to comply with local public health policies. Both organizations indicated they will comply with local guidelines for masks. Great Falls and ExpoPark are located in Cascade County which at this point continues to have a mandatory mask policy. The information below is from a news release dated Feb, 18, 2021 from the Cascade County Board of Public Health and Public Health Officer:

The Board of Health voted that they and Health Officer Trisha Gardner would:

1. Issue a local order for Cascade County requiring universal masking, except under the following conditions:

• Children under the age of five (all children between the ages of two and four, however, are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering, but children under the age of two should not wear a face covering);
    • Persons consuming food or drinks in an establishment that offers food or drinks for sale;
    • Persons engaged in an activity that makes wearing a face covering impractical or
    unsafe, such as strenuous physical exercise or swimming;
    • Persons seeking to communicate with someone who is hearing impaired; persons giving
    a speech or engaging in an artistic, cultural, musical, or theatrical performance for an
    audience, provided the audience is separated by at least six feet of distance;
    • Persons temporarily removing their face covering for identification purposes;
    • Persons required to remove face coverings for the purpose of receiving medical
    evaluation, diagnosis, or treatment;
    • Persons who have a medical condition precluding the safe wearing of a face covering; or
    • Persons who can maintain social distancing when outside their home or place of
    employment.

2. Allow gatherings & events of up to 75% of an event venue’s capacity when social distancing can be maintained. Events over 75% of venue capacity will be considered on a case-by-case basis with the submission of an event plan to CCHD.

https://www.cascadecountymt.gov/Docu...nue-Capacities

Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

The MOA and ExpoPark are obliged to comply with local public health policies. Both organizations indicated they will comply with local guidelines for masks. Great Falls and ExpoPark are located in Cascade County which at this point continues to have a mandatory mask policy. The information below is from a news release dated Feb, 18, 2021 from the Cascade County Board of Public Health and Public Health Officer:

The Board of Health voted that they and Health Officer Trisha Gardner would:

1. Issue a local order for Cascade County requiring universal masking, except under the following conditions:

• Children under the age of five (all children between the ages of two and four, however, are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering, but children under the age of two should not wear a face covering);
    • Persons consuming food or drinks in an establishment that offers food or drinks for sale;
    • Persons engaged in an activity that makes wearing a face covering impractical or
    unsafe, such as strenuous physical exercise or swimming;
    • Persons seeking to communicate with someone who is hearing impaired; persons giving
    a speech or engaging in an artistic, cultural, musical, or theatrical performance for an
    audience, provided the audience is separated by at least six feet of distance;
    • Persons temporarily removing their face covering for identification purposes;
    • Persons required to remove face coverings for the purpose of receiving medical
    evaluation, diagnosis, or treatment;
    • Persons who have a medical condition precluding the safe wearing of a face covering; or
    • Persons who can maintain social distancing when outside their home or place of
    employment.

2. Allow gatherings & events of up to 75% of an event venue’s capacity when social distancing can be maintained. Events over 75% of venue capacity will be considered on a case-by-case basis with the submission of an event plan to CCHD.

https://www.cascadecountymt.gov/Docu...nue-Capacities

Unless something dramatically changes, I believe those will be the conditions under which our rally will be allowed to go on.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS