Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    We're all rooting for you!
    If I rode with your bunch out west of the tall Divide... miles wouldn't be a problem.

Everywhere is a "tote"!

Nonetheless... there's now 125 statute miles on the Michelin Adventures at the end of this day.

I tuned in the GPS for Great Falls; 1,850 miles minimum & near direct.

So I say... "See Fargo" on your ride West, as you pass nearby the Geographic Center of North America!
    Last edited by flyhi2cfar; 09-16-2020 at 02:20 PM. Reason: no idea
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... every mile of the road, there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Lightbulb

For those that have a nice 5 day ride into Great Falls for next June's Rally... you depart 9 months from tomorrow morning.

I sure don't miss those years with two weeks of vacation used for summer riding.
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... every mile of the road, there are two miles of the ditch"

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post

I sure don't miss those years with two weeks of vacation used for summer riding.
    Amen! When Barley and I went to the Salem Rally we covered 8800 miles in two and a half weeks - all that HR would let me use even though I had six weeks vacation time on the books. Thanks to retirement, this year would have been (and next year will be) a 14,000 mile adventure with Glenlivet...but we'll have three months. After circling the planet twice in the service, I'm truly looking forward to at last getting acquainted with my own country!

Pete
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    Vermont to Montana isn’t long enough, so we’re going via the Grand Canyon, Big Sur, and Olympic NP.

Not sure about the trip home yet...

That's a long dog show.

Lightbulb Future National Rally thinking...

If your even a little bit eager for next year, just consider these possibilities! Below is a forum crosspost from our Club V.P. You can bet some planning is in order.

Using the color coded map: 2021 in Great Falls will be Blue (Western) and 2022 will be Central Red... 2023 will be scheduled Eastern zone.
    That year (2023) will be the 50th “rally”, 2022 will be the “Club’s” 50th Anniversary.
    As a result of Covid we will have two 50th anniversaries, one for the Club and one for the Rally.

Which, ironically, aligns us with the quirky anniversary concept of BMW Motorrad: 1919 incorporated/1923 the first motorcycle.
    2023 will be the 50th Rally and the 100th Anniversary of Motorrad; if my math and history are right.

R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    If your even a little bit eager for next year, just consider these possibilities! Below is a forum crosspost from our Club V.P. You can bet some planning is in order.

Using the color coded map: 2021 in Great Falls will be Blue (Western) and 2022 will be Central Red... 2023 will be scheduled Eastern zone.
    That year (2023) will be the 50th “rally”, 2022 will be the “Club’s” 50th Anniversary.
    As a result of Covid we will have two 50th anniversaries, one for the Club and one for the Rally.

Which, ironically, aligns us with the quirky anniversary concept of BMW Motorrad: 1919 incorporated/1923 the first motorcycle.
    2023 will be the 50th Rally and the 100th Anniversary of Motorrad; if my math and history are right.

R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

So, what do you all think - is the 50th Anniversary of the club, or the 50th rally the more significant event?
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    So, what do you all think - is the 50th Anniversary of the club, or the 50th rally the more significant event?

Significant?
    Easy answer for me: The 50th Club Anniversary in 2022... wherever that Rally is held.

Our 2023 50th MOA Rally can be it's own Special Celebration... along with the 100th of BMW Motorcycles.

I guess there's no dodging the fact that there are two "big time" event's on the horizon!

No matter how you look at it 2022 and 2023 should be some GREAT events! In addition to anniversary editions of bikes ... the 2021 40th anniversary edition of the GS's and then I am sure there will be some 2023 100th anniversary edition BMW Motorcycles and just coincidently when my 2016 RT may need replacing
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Cascade County and Great Falls is now a significant Covid 19 hot spot. They totally lost control in the jail, with 300 out of 365 inmates infected. And of course, since people move in and out of jails now there is community spread. The hospital is full.

See: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ru...Jdu?li=BBnb7Kz
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I put the odds of the rally taking place in 2021 at no better than 50:50. Just my opinion, no inside information.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana
    Never have more ambition than adhesion.

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I put the odds of the rally taking place in 2021 at no better than 50:50. Just my opinion, no inside information.
    I agree.

I'm planning for the 2021 Rally, but I am also making a Plan B trip just in case next year is like this one. If now is the new average, next year could be equally better or worse and my crystal ball is hazy on that issue. So I will probably come up with a Plan C this winter, then plan D! Well, playing with maps is fun anyway and there are so many roads I've yet to see.
    Last edited by DaveSlash5; 10-17-2020 at 03:33 AM.

RK Ryder
    All too possible, unfortunately.
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Knights of the Roundel #333

2021 Great Falls MOA Rally Volunteer Chair

TravelsWithBarley.com
    That's my concern as well. The other would be this warp speed program resulting in another vaccine debacle like the Cutter Labs incident where 40,000 kids were infected with polio by the vaccine that was supposed to immunize them against it.

We'll see. Like others have mentioned, multiple trip options are in the works.

Pete
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    That's my concern as well. The other would be this warp speed program resulting in another vaccine debacle like the Cutter Labs incident where 40,000 kids were infected with polio by the vaccine that was supposed to immunize them against it.

We'll see. Like others have mentioned, multiple trip options are in the works.

Pete
    I'm not concerned about the quality of the vaccines we will eventually get as long as all have been through Stage 3 trials and fully vetted by science. The Cutter Labs incident was bad, but due to production of a vaccine based on a live virus which none of the potential corona virus vaccines are, to the best of my knowledge. Even at that, of the 40,000 infected, all recovered but 210. Ten died and 200 had some degree of paralysis. Bad for sure, but not what it sounds like to say "40,000 were infected". My concern will be more that there will be enough FUD spread around that not enough people will take the vaccine.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS