Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1431

Thread: THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    Perhaps you saw the cell phone video clip a few days ago billed as "Canadian Road Rage"? It was of one driver getting out of his car at a red light and sweeping the snow off the back windshield of the car just ahead of him in the adjacent lane. I can also remember all the generous Canadian BMW riders I met years ago touring in my R75/5 who would buy me all the (for the times in the US) high alcohol content beer I could drink just to see me get plowed. I almost missed the ferry out of Victoria - the last one at 3:00pm due to such kindness.
    Missed that video Greg, but it sounds like a hoot.

When it comes to touring, occasionally I will ride with another but for the most part, I do prefer to ride by myself. Sometimes I have had need to rely on the kindness of strangers, and since a good deal of my riding is in the US, there have been generous Americans that have been friendly and helpful when the need arose.

Canadians do not have a monopoly on being friendly and helpful as Americans also fall into that category.
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Knights of the Roundel #333

2021 Great Falls MOA Rally Volunteer Chair

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    Missed that video Greg, but it sounds like a hoot.

When it comes to touring, occasionally I will ride with another but for the most part, I do prefer to ride by myself. Sometimes I have had need to rely on the kindness of strangers, and since a good deal of my riding is in the US, there have been generous Americans that have been friendly and helpful when the need arose.

Canadians do not have a monopoly on being friendly and helpful as Americans also fall into that category.
    Thanks, Paul. Actually, that's been my experience as well, but your whole country has a reputation for politeness. There are places I've need in the US that wouldn't qualify for that category .
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    Looking at your map, where is the Spearfish to Buffalo 14/16 section? This looks so neat, we may slab it from CA, just to see some stuff East of Yellowstone!
    Old US 14 parallels I-90 from Spearfish to Sundance, then turns NW towards Devils Tower before turning West again towards Gillette. A better ride from Spearfish is to go North on US 85 to Belle Fourche, then West on SD 34 to Alladin WY, then to Hulett WY via WY 24 then on to Devils Tower and the junction with US 14 to the South. Heading SW on 14 takes you to Moorcroft WY and US 14/16 then parallel I-90 West to Gillette.
    Last edited by bigjohnsd; 01-19-2021 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
    The only dumb question is the unasked question!

Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

Quote Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
    Even if the planned schedule is met the general population vaccination in Canada will not happen in time for Canadian members to attend the rally save for those who are early in the queue because of their work or health status.
    IMHO it's too soon to give up on the rally because there are more vaccine candidates out there: https://apnews.com/article/public-he...6a1762209e6f36

If more vaccines can be approved that will of course improve the odds of us getting vaccinated.

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    IMHO it's too soon to give up on the rally because there are more vaccine candidates out there: https://apnews.com/article/public-he...6a1762209e6f36

If more vaccines can be approved that will of course improve the odds of us getting vaccinated.

Harry
    Except if the limiting factor is capacity to administer the vaccine rather than vaccine supply.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Reportedly we just past 400,00 dead from covid related illness. Makes me concerned about travel.

This concerns me as well-

Microsoft, Oracle and other tech giants team up Covid-19 vaccine 'passports'

From CNN Business-

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/16/tech/...rce/index.html

Well, at least all us OG's were in it during the best of it.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

My brother in Arizona and his wife have appointments for the COVID vaccine in February. It appears some states are less screwed up than others...

Harry

We are on three lists: our county; our doctor's clinic, the state. I expect first in Feb. and second three or four week later. The roll out is Keystone Cops. I hope it improves. It is a joke.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I keep hearing complaints about the “vaccine rollout.
    For your consideration.........
    A trip to the doctors office is a ball of confusion with paperwork, scheduling and one end of the office not knowing what the other end is doing.
    Add a whole ‘nother office on top of the first office while another group supplies the medication?
    Add enough tracking so that the correct amount of time elapses so a second dose, of the same vaccine, can be given at a specific time?
    Add that many people are on multiple lists.......some sitting in yet another line waiting for the shot, skews who needs what when.

A vaccine developed for anything has never been achieved before and as best I can tell, approval of a new vaccine is also a record.
    Expecting this to go any better was really wishful thinking as it’s the first time for- a pandemic in our lifetime.
    I think it took 5 days to get water to the stadium after Katrina.

I completely realize the frustration, especially from those who have tried to do the right thing by staying home. 10 months is a crazy amount of time to be stuck in one place when one has always been on the move.

It looks like the vaccine is being administered as fast as they are figuring out how to administer the shots. Probably a good idea to keep a good record of your progress and type of vaccine once you do receive it.

Hang in folks.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnsd View Post
    Old US 14 parallels I-90 from Spearfish to Sundance, then turns NW towards Devils Tower before turning West again towards Gillette. A better ride from Spearfish is to go North on US 85 to Belle Fourche, then West on SD 34 to Alladin WY, then to Hulett WY via WY 24 then on to Devils Tower and the junction with US 14 to the South. Heading SW on 14 takes you to Moorcroft WY and US 14/16 then parallel I-90 West to Gillette.
    Thanks! I am thinking my buddy & I may just bee-line out from CA to get to see some of these roads, vs. do our usual tour there the long way ride.
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

Johnson & Johnson:

https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-...al-of-medicine

Approval of their vaccine would really help.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    My brother in Arizona and his wife have appointments for the COVID vaccine in February. It appears some states are less screwed up than others...

Harry
    Here in Northern Michigan my wife and I have had our first shot and scheduled for the second beginning of next month (both of us over age 65 - although she does not look it). We live in a low population area, 4 traffic lights in the county, and we don't have a lot of competing medical organizations. We scheduled on-line with the State Health Department after a call to our Doctor sent us in that direction. I hear complaints that the problems at the state level are due to the feds and visa versa. I tend to think that we live in a state that, in all respects, is the size of a small country and if they don't have the talent to solve many of our own problems, someone probably hired the wrong talent. In these situations politicians regret making political appointments as opposed to selection of the best individual for the position. Not wanting to set the sirens off from the forum police I think that if the political planets are in line from your state and the feds there is less finger pointing then if not.

I too think that it is early to determine if we have a rally or not. I also think that if our Canadian friends, for the most part, can't join us we should consider a later date.

Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI
    #71,449

"Stuff is getting better, stuff is getting better every day" Richard Starkey -The Postman

FWIW Americade just announced that it will move from early June to end of September to increase the probability that it will actually happen.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    Thanks! I am thinking my buddy & I may just bee-line out from CA to get to see some of these roads, vs. do our usual tour there the long way ride.
    Join me on this route with an overnight in Red Lodge MT, we can ride the Beartooth and Chief Joseph before heading from Red Lodge to Great Falls.

The only dumb question is the unasked question!

Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

TravelsWithBarley.com
    @BigJohnSD - that’s exactly the route we take every time we’re out that way. Too many riders are so fixated on Beartooth that they overlook Ten Sleep and Shell Canyons!
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/