• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Does that offer stand for the Upper Saddle Sore, NJ rally site option?

Well, I'm not going to kid you. In 2023, if Motorrad wanted to host a gig to celebrate their North American Clubs at Woodcliff Lake NJ... I would go.

You know they know how to throw a party!

Would I like it better about mid October at the Greenville SC operation... probably.

And I'd like them to fly us all over to the Welt & Museum also!

I really do believe we get something, somewhere.

Not on my watch! The beer must flow, but it won't be free. Well, one will be if you volunteer at the BG, as John does.

Mad Dog National rally Beer Garden Chair:drink

... So we were only supposed to drink one free?

Free Beer

Only one free beer, but if you overfill the beer you can take a drink out of it so people have less spillage:laugh

I thought the volunteer bartenders got one free keg! Darn John we owe Maddog some money

so THAT'S why the count was off by one unit !!! Must have taken it while I was on break at AIRHEAD CENTRAL. Have to watch you guys more carefully in the future.

MADDOG, Nat BG Chair:drink

Well... the secret is out.

so THAT'S why the count was off by one unit !!! Must have taken it while I was on break at AIRHEAD CENTRAL. Have to watch you guys more carefully in the future.

MADDOG, Nat BG Chair:drink

The Beer Tent go's crazy with happiness when we yell out... "next beer free compliments of MADDOG"

Then, well that commotion draw's in a big new crowd... who we tell free beer is over, but who purchase a few anyway.

You return a short time later with the joint abuzz... and always thank us for handling the big crowd!

Been doing this for years... until 10pm EDT tonight.

Last edited:
OK .... you guys realize my Costco Oil post was simply to add some levity and just a joke. :wave

Now about this 2021 Rally .... :dance

Same as the above post... although the thought of a free cold beer, on a warm June afternoon in Montana surrounded by MOA friends sounds terrific!

Same as the above post... although the thought of a free cold beer, on a warm June afternoon in Montana surrounded by MOA friends sounds terrific!

You have included "warm", "June" and "Montana" in the same sentence. You can have any two, but not three of those together. It snowed 14" in Great Falls last week. :brow

Is it snows in Oct but not too often in Jun in MT. :brow

Key words: "not that often." I have a very good friend who lives in Helena and it is not at all uncommon to have snow in that part of Montana in June . That applies even more to the surrounding mountains.

You have included "warm", "June" and "Montana" in the same sentence. You can have any two, but not three of those together. It snowed 14" in Great Falls last week. :brow

Says the guy who lives in the City in Idaho known by many as Furnace Creek North.

We live 15 miles NW of Helena. We got a foot of snow last night. High today at our place was 17 and expected to be -7 tonight. This is uncommon for October and 50 degree temperatures are forecasted next week. This is our tenth winter in Montana. I do not recall snow in June at our elevation (4,200 feet) but we have seen snow in late July in Flesher Pass 20 miles west of us.

We live 15 miles NW of Helena. We got a foot of snow last night. High today at our place was 17 and expected to be -7 tonight. This is uncommon for October and 50 degree temperatures are forecasted next week. This is our tenth winter in Montana. I do not recall snow in June at our elevation (4,200 feet) but we have seen snow in late July in Flesher Pass 20 miles west of us.

:eek
Burrr
OM

Fairbanks is expecting a low of 18F tonight. :)

I have been thru a weird one day snow system in Moscow, ID. on June 20 before. 6" by 10am by 4pm all gone.

I'm guessing that we're all concerned with the recent weather and maybe have lost our place in line with the "global warming" threat.
I don't want to be an alarmist, but I should mention that as sophisticated as our weather service is, prediction of weather as a science still has a lot of development left to go.

I'm guessing that we're all concerned with the recent weather and maybe have lost our place in line with the "global warming" threat.
I don't want to be an alarmist, but I should mention that as sophisticated as our weather service is, prediction of weather as a science still has a lot of development left to go.

Yep, but it's still the cheapest lab class a K-12 science teacher can access. The experiment runs for free with zero preparation and everyone is an observer. Better yet, the guvment provides the real time data, lots of interesting pictures and discussions of how the forecast was made.

Back