• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

We're all rooting for you! ;)

If I rode with your bunch out west of the tall Divide... miles wouldn't be a problem.

Everywhere is a "tote"!

Nonetheless... there's now 125 statute miles on the Michelin Adventures at the end of this day.

I tuned in the GPS for Great Falls; 1,850 miles minimum & near direct.

So I say... "See Fargo" on your ride West, as you pass nearby the Geographic Center of North America!

Last edited:
For those that have a nice 5 day ride into Great Falls for next June's Rally... you depart 9 months from tomorrow morning.

I sure don't miss those years with two weeks of vacation used for summer riding.

I sure don't miss those years with two weeks of vacation used for summer riding.

Amen! When Barley and I went to the Salem Rally we covered 8800 miles in two and a half weeks - all that HR would let me use even though I had six weeks vacation time on the books. Thanks to retirement, this year would have been (and next year will be) a 14,000 mile adventure with Glenlivet...but we'll have three months. After circling the planet twice in the service, I'm truly looking forward to at last getting acquainted with my own country!

Pete

Future National Rally thinking...

If your even a little bit eager for next year, just consider these possibilities! Below is a forum crosspost from our Club V.P. You can bet some planning is in order.

Using the color coded map: 2021 in Great Falls will be Blue (Western) and 2022 will be Central Red... 2023 will be scheduled Eastern zone.
That year (2023) will be the 50th “rally”, 2022 will be the “Club’s” 50th Anniversary.
As a result of Covid we will have two 50th anniversaries, one for the Club and one for the Rally.

Which, ironically, aligns us with the quirky anniversary concept of BMW Motorrad: 1919 incorporated/1923 the first motorcycle.
2023 will be the 50th Rally and the 100th Anniversary of Motorrad; if my math and history are right.

R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
MOA # 143779
MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
BMW MOA Vice President

If your even a little bit eager for next year, just consider these possibilities! Below is a forum crosspost from our Club V.P. You can bet some planning is in order.

Using the color coded map: 2021 in Great Falls will be Blue (Western) and 2022 will be Central Red... 2023 will be scheduled Eastern zone.
That year (2023) will be the 50th “rally”, 2022 will be the “Club’s” 50th Anniversary.
As a result of Covid we will have two 50th anniversaries, one for the Club and one for the Rally.

Which, ironically, aligns us with the quirky anniversary concept of BMW Motorrad: 1919 incorporated/1923 the first motorcycle.
2023 will be the 50th Rally and the 100th Anniversary of Motorrad; if my math and history are right.

R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
MOA # 143779
MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
BMW MOA Vice President

So, what do you all think - is the 50th Anniversary of the club, or the 50th rally the more significant event?

So, what do you all think - is the 50th Anniversary of the club, or the 50th rally the more significant event?

Significant?
Easy answer for me: The 50th Club Anniversary in 2022... wherever that Rally is held.

Our 2023 50th MOA Rally can be it's own Special Celebration... along with the 100th of BMW Motorcycles.

I guess there's no dodging the fact that there are two "big time" event's on the horizon!

No matter how you look at it 2022 and 2023 should be some GREAT events! In addition to anniversary editions of bikes ... the 2021 40th anniversary edition of the GS's and then I am sure there will be some 2023 100th anniversary edition BMW Motorcycles and just coincidently when my 2016 RT may need replacing :dance

I put the odds of the rally taking place in 2021 at no better than 50:50. Just my opinion, no inside information.

I'm planning for the 2021 Rally, but I am also making a Plan B trip just in case next year is like this one. If now is the new average, next year could be equally better or worse and my crystal ball is hazy on that issue. So I will probably come up with a Plan C this winter, then plan D! Well, playing with maps is fun anyway and there are so many roads I've yet to see.

Last edited:
I put the odds of the rally taking place in 2021 at no better than 50:50. Just my opinion, no inside information.

That's my concern as well. The other would be this warp speed program resulting in another vaccine debacle like the Cutter Labs incident where 40,000 kids were infected with polio by the vaccine that was supposed to immunize them against it.

We'll see. Like others have mentioned, multiple trip options are in the works.

Pete

That's my concern as well. The other would be this warp speed program resulting in another vaccine debacle like the Cutter Labs incident where 40,000 kids were infected with polio by the vaccine that was supposed to immunize them against it.

We'll see. Like others have mentioned, multiple trip options are in the works.

Pete

I'm not concerned about the quality of the vaccines we will eventually get as long as all have been through Stage 3 trials and fully vetted by science. The Cutter Labs incident was bad, but due to production of a vaccine based on a live virus which none of the potential corona virus vaccines are, to the best of my knowledge. Even at that, of the 40,000 infected, all recovered but 210. Ten died and 200 had some degree of paralysis. Bad for sure, but not what it sounds like to say "40,000 were infected". My concern will be more that there will be enough FUD spread around that not enough people will take the vaccine.

A lot of things in medical research have changed in 65 years. I would like to think for the better.
OM

A lot of things in medical research have changed in 65 years. I would like to think for the better.
OM

That is true if and only if proper medical and scientific professionals are making the decisions and the politicians and their lackeys aren't.

Back