Page 66 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Burst my little balloon........
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    So, is my level of verbosity something you want to aspire to, or completely avoid? Classes are available. Did you read it all, including the part with a secret code to get a free milk shake at McDonalds? Yes, that was a long post, and yet, it is such a complex and convoluted topic I just touched on the larger issues, and then only by reference. It's beyond a mess.
    I couldn’t read it all... my eyes crossed after the 15 chapter. I got half way through and had enough information to rule the world... why go on after that?
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    I couldn’t read it all... my eyes crossed after the 15 chapter. I got half way through and had enough information to rule the world... why go on after that?
    Oh, so you didn't get to the part where I reveal the secret of how to turn lead into gold?
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Fargo is just the perfect place for a rally. Everybody knows that. It is cooler than Bloomsburg. The elevation is only a few hundred feet so old guys with lung and heart issues can walk around there OK. It is easy for the west coast guys to get to. The east coast folks can find it even when their GPSs don't work. You can visit the missile silo museum near Cooperstown. The roads are straight so fewer riders will crash by the rally site. What more do you need?

Well... free beer on Friday and it has my vote!
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... every mile of the road, there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    Not on my watch! The beer must flow, but it won't be free. Well, one will be if you volunteer at the BG, as John does.

Mad Dog National rally Beer Garden Chair

Rally Rat
    Does that offer stand for the Upper Saddle Sore, NJ rally site option?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Does that offer stand for the Upper Saddle Sore, NJ rally site option?
    Well, I'm not going to kid you. In 2023, if Motorrad wanted to host a gig to celebrate their North American Clubs at Woodcliff Lake NJ... I would go.

You know they know how to throw a party!

Would I like it better about mid October at the Greenville SC operation... probably.

And I'd like them to fly us all over to the Welt & Museum also!

I really do believe we get something, somewhere.
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... every mile of the road, there are two miles of the ditch"

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Not on my watch! The beer must flow, but it won't be free. Well, one will be if you volunteer at the BG, as John does.

Mad Dog National rally Beer Garden Chair

... So we were only supposed to drink one free?

I thought the volunteer bartenders got one free keg! Darn John we owe Maddog some money
    Knick
    R1200GS
    Vespa ET4

Free Beer

Only one free beer, but if you overfill the beer you can take a drink out of it so people have less spillage

Quote Originally Posted by hexst View Post
    I thought the volunteer bartenders got one free keg! Darn John we owe Maddog some money

so THAT'S why the count was off by one unit !!! Must have taken it while I was on break at AIRHEAD CENTRAL. Have to watch you guys more carefully in the future.

MADDOG, Nat BG Chair

Talking Well... the secret is out.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    so THAT'S why the count was off by one unit !!! Must have taken it while I was on break at AIRHEAD CENTRAL. Have to watch you guys more carefully in the future.

MADDOG, Nat BG Chair

The Beer Tent go's crazy with happiness when we yell out... "next beer free compliments of MADDOG"

Then, well that commotion draw's in a big new crowd... who we tell free beer is over, but who purchase a few anyway.

You return a short time later with the joint abuzz... and always thank us for handling the big crowd!

Been doing this for years... until 10pm EDT tonight.
    Last edited by flyhi2cfar; 10-24-2020 at 02:47 AM. Reason: I've been reassigned to Morning Coffee

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    OK .... you guys realize my Costco Oil post was simply to add some levity and just a joke.

Now about this 2021 Rally ....

Same as the above post... although the thought of a free cold beer, on a warm June afternoon in Montana surrounded by MOA friends sounds terrific!

Same as the above post... although the thought of a free cold beer, on a warm June afternoon in Montana surrounded by MOA friends sounds terrific!
    You have included "warm", "June" and "Montana" in the same sentence. You can have any two, but not three of those together. It snowed 14" in Great Falls last week.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS