• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Wonder what the gate-keepers will think, when Monday morning after the rally... there's BMW's everywhere lining up for entry,
ALL with the required Day Use Entry Reservation Ticket!

We could make that happen on April 29th as Seasonal Reservations are first accepted.
All it would take is communication and the dedicated effort.
And that could be the follow-up wave of riders that will likely arrive Sunday.

The rangers at the gates have seen it all I suspect. Think a hundred Harleys waiting to ride the GTTSR. In 2019 we made the egregious error of riding over on the first day the road opened. We happened to be in Kalispel the day before when they announced the snap opening. Absolute chaos, bumper to bumper, stopping to view things without pulling over and started a torrential downpour 20 miles in. I am in no hurry to ride it again. But, being at the St Mary gate when it opens is the best way to avoid the mob for at least most of the way.

I am in no hurry to ride it again...

I prefer the Kiowa - East Glacier - Marias Pass route. But then, I'm generally headed to the Isaac Walton Inn in Essex. As soon as the border re opens my lady and I will be heading down there in my new car.

Glacier National Park clarifies ticket entry system

https://helenair.com/outdoors/glaci...cle_4a5a5cc0-3ebb-5ac7-9d53-e8c8313c206a.html

I was not particularly confused about the ticket entry system until I read this clarification.

Yosemite has the ticket entry system in place also, and their initial explanation was likewise confusing. The latest information they’ve released is that motorists just driving through the park and not using any of the day-use or other facilities do not need to do a reservation or pass. However, they will be given a time-stamped receipt and must exit the park within the allowed time frame. I don’t know if Glacier is considering that same adjustment; the logistics of the GTTS highway and normal traffic levels make that seem an unworkable solution. Yosemite implemented the change only after significant negative feedback.

Best,
DG

I don't know what this piece really means. I suspect the turnstiles will be jammed.

Hope for the best.

OM

Withy this thread 102 pages long, I lost the map someone posted showing a couple routes out of Boise. I am planning a quick haul from California, and looking for some fun roads to get me there. I have 5 days to get to Great Falls, 3 days to get home!

"The" Rally : Opening Day at ExpoPark in Two Months...

Guessing you will be there! And likely already have for a couple of days & nights... in the State at least.

Great riding where history abounds. Interesting museums, good food and cold beer.

Oh... You want a ride for delicious pie with hot coffee, and later that afternoon a mermaid show! Check.

All combined with the lovely fresh air of Montana's June weather.

Get ready for Great Falls... Saddle Up!

"travel'n" John
Keeper of the Thread

Great riding where history abounds. Interesting museums, good food and cold beer.

"travel'n" John
Keeper of the Thread

You're right! I've been Googling small towns we'll be passing through as we finish our westward journey and begin hooking north through Wyoming and Idaho into Montana. Many of those towns you'd pass through without a second thought have significant history of the First People and the pioneer eras. We're definitely slowing down to take in some of it!

Pete and Glenlivet

Going-to-the-Sun Road reservations filling up fast!

Dates and Locations Requiring Entry Reservation Tickets
Day-use visitors who arrive by private vehicle or motorcycle must have an online day-use entry reservation ticket and a current park pass when entering the park through the West and St. Mary Entrances between 6 am and 5 pm from May 28 to September 6, 2021. Please be prepared to show your reservation confirmation and photo ID at park entrance stations upon arrival.

Day-use entry reservation tickets are limited. Approximately 2/3 of the entry reservation tickets will be available up to 60 days in advance with the remaining 1/3 of entry reservation tickets being released two days in advance. Prior to the full opening of the Going-to-the-Sun Road there will be fewer tickets available each day.

Entry reservation tickets can be secured at www.recreation.gov beginning at 6 am MST on April 29, 2021.

Visitors entering the park at Many Glacier, Two Medicine, Polebridge, or along Highway 2 do not need an online entry reservation ticket. Access to these areas may be temporarily limited during times of peak visitation.

I got my reservation for the 25th this morning and had a wait to get them, over 100 reservations were made for Friday in the first 10 minutes!

I got my reservation for the 25th this morning and had a wait to get them, over 100 reservations were made for Friday in the first 10 minutes!

I was helping a friend with repairs this morning and by the time I was able to log in they were sold out till august!

The rally site maybe in jeopardy....... Better plan on getting some good rain gear.

Screen-Shot-2021-05-02-at-6-08-19-AM.png

Back