• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

OM said: I think it was Mr. Dylan that said “You don’t need a weatherman to tell which the wind blows”.

I believe that was a reference to the ‘weathermen underground’ during the 1970s, not weather forecasting. The “wind” was a reference to the WH decisions regarding the Viet Nam bs and domestic responses to anti war protests.

OM said: I think it was Mr. Dylan that said “You don’t need a weatherman to tell which the wind blows”.

I believe that was a reference to the ‘weathermen underground’ during the 1970s, not weather forecasting. The “wind” was a reference to the WH decisions regarding the Viet Nam bs and domestic responses to anti war protests.

I agree.

Then you better plan now for the 12 hour window sometime on the the 35th of Junely some future year. :hide

The last time I was within sight of Boise it was 106 and we turned north and headed up hill to Stanley. That was probably inn July though. I do know it was a lot cooler in Fargo than Boise. :)

We drove to Great Falls today. Went to Malmstrom, AFB to go to the commissary and also went to a Farm and Ranch store called North 40. 55 degrees, sunny with light winds. The good news is that a second North 40 has opened about a half mile from the Expo Park rally site. These are huge stores that carry just about everything one could imagine.

We drove to Great Falls today. Went to Malmstrom, AFB to go to the commissary and also went to a Farm and Ranch store called North 40. 55 degrees, sunny with light winds. The good news is that a second North 40 has opened about a half mile from the Expo Park rally site. These are huge stores that carry just about everything one could imagine.

Do they have a shuttle to Fargo? :laugh

Rural King is the Midwest/Mid-Atlantic version. Thankfully, they seem to have a policy of repurposing vacant "Big Box" or mall anchor store locations. That's a big benefit for the communities saddled with these hulks.

Rural King is the Midwest/Mid-Atlantic version. Thankfully, they seem to have a policy of repurposing vacant "Big Box" or mall anchor store locations. That's a big benefit for the communities saddled with these hulks.

On a slightly smaller scale, Alpine, Texas had an Alco store until it folded. Then it became a Shopco Hometown store until they folded. Then it became a Tractor Supply store which is a huge improvement over either of the other two and is more likely to stay in business too.

Well, when the apocalypse comes I am going to barricade myself in a North 40. They have everything one could ever need in there to survive for several years. Of course, I'll have to eat prepper rations or what I can grow. What they do not have can be fabricated with what they do. They are, like everyone else, short on ammo, but I can bring my own, if I have to, I guess. Bet Fargo does not have one.... Great Falls has two.

On a slightly smaller scale, Alpine, Texas had an Alco store until it folded. Then it became a Shopco Hometown store until they folded. Then it became a Tractor Supply store which is a huge improvement over either of the other two and is more likely to stay in business too.

Tractor Supply has 1844 stores in 49 states.

Well, when the apocalypse comes I am going to barricade myself in a North 40. They have everything one could ever need in there to survive for several years. Of course, I'll have to eat prepper rations or what I can grow. What they do not have can be fabricated with what they do. They are, like everyone else, short on ammo, but I can bring my own, if I have to, I guess. Bet Fargo does not have one.... Great Falls has two.

I guess that rules out Fargo for the time being. :brow

TS is not nearly big enough to survive as a holdout when the SHIF. I'm with akbeemer that a place like North 40 is what's needed. You will need lots of supplies and a defensible perimeter. :hide

Bunker?

Sheep Herder Bunker.png

Perhaps, for a Zombie Sheep Invasion......

If they allowed camping around back... we could hold a Rally there. Bet there's even a receptacle for the CPAP folks!

According to a report I just read on Bloomberg, the character of Montana is rapidly changing. Between the expanding virus 🦠 and “bucks up” migrating people from the cities, now working from “home”.
OM

Back