• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Security certificate error when logging in to forums

With Firefox I couldn't get in at all:

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to forums.bmwmoa.org. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely.

What can you do about it?

forums.bmwmoa.org has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

Your computer clock is set to 5/25/2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh forums.bmwmoa.org.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

With Microsoft Edge I got the same error but it allowed me to proceed.

With Internet Explorer I got the same error but it also allowed me to proceed.

This started happening about 30 minutes ago. Before that it was fine.

ETA: Access is via a Windows 10 PC.

I posted on this also, only in the forum section at the top. Went down around 8:00pm tonight, near as I can recall. Looks like the security certificate has expired or the SSL subsystem on the server and website has fallen off the dock. And on a Memorial Day weekend, as well--guess we'll find out how extensive the SSL vendor's support is on a holiday weekend.
:)

Best,
DG

It has to be fixed, of course, but we can still get in so it's no big deal. I have nothing here of any value, even my password is only used on this site -- no-other-access.

I can't believe that Firefox, after the warning, will not allow the connection at all.

Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Chrome put up the same warning but then allow you to proceed (at your own risk).

I can't believe that Firefox, after the warning, will not allow the connection at all.

Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Chrome put up the same warning but then allow you to proceed (at your own risk).

I got the security waning this morning but was able to accept the risk and enter.

It's a moot point now but I was wrong. Firefox will allow access, you just have to click on the "Advanced" button and scroll down a bit. My bad. It didn't make sense that Firefox would be different than the other Windows browsers.

It's a moot point now but I was wrong. Firefox will allow access, you just have to click on the "Advanced" button and scroll down a bit. My bad. It didn't make sense that Firefox would be different than the other Windows browsers.

Most will allow “forced” access. I like to figure out what’s up before I skip a warning. A lot of times this (threat level) can be confirmed by using a second device.
Safe surfing.
OM

Most will allow “forced” access. I like to figure out what’s up before I skip a warning. A lot of times this (threat level) can be confirmed by using a second device.
Safe surfing.
OM

Did the staff find out what caused the problem with the site?

Back