• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

smartphone mounting bracket

tibork

Anyone has a good suggestion for a smartphone mounting bracket - particularly iPhone - that I can put on the center on the handle bar? Thank you!

DashHandlebar2.jpg

You could put an M8 RAM ball in place of one of the bolts securing the cable holder, and use an X-grip phone holder with maybe a 3” arm connecting the two.

Thank you Anton, actually looks like I found something like that made by some company, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

69e94052ccb879507330fd13177c280b.jpg
6eceadc7a5a043e14ccd3d279966e1b3.jpg

Here’s a couple photos of what I use. The company is Techmount. Works great for my iPhone.
https://www.techmounts.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the photo in Post #1 the two capscrews either side of the key work well. RAM makes a ball mount with a flat offset to the side of the ball which works well. We have two of those on Voni's R1100RS. It is Part # RAM-B-252. Do a search on Google and it pops right up.

Here's a Perfect Squeeze mounted with a ram ball mount that screws into the triple tree threads under the BMW roundel on my K16GT

WRQtJPX.jpg

BKXKr1T.jpg

Curved Connecting Plate Question

69e94052ccb879507330fd13177c280b.jpg
6eceadc7a5a043e14ccd3d279966e1b3.jpg

Here’s a couple photos of what I use. The company is Techmount. Works great for my iPhone.
https://www.techmounts.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you find the curved connecting plate that spans across the handlebar bases? I didn't see anything similar of the Techmount site. I have a 2004 BMW K1200RS and it looks like an excellent option for the Techmount.

Back