• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2020 bmw r18

bmwdean

BMW MOA co-founder
BMW has revealed an R18 "concept" motorcycle. Will something like it ever appear in showrooms? Who knows?

I remember a bagger "Concept 101" BMW with wooden panels on the sides (see photo). The resultant production K1600B is quite different.

Attachments

• R18-1.jpeg
    R18-1.jpeg
    551 KB · Views: 464
  • p90351216-highres.jpg
    p90351216-highres.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 460
  • concept 101.jpg
    concept 101.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 400
  • k1600b.jpg
    k1600b.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Hope so
I do really like it and I would put a deposit as soon as they are accepting them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:thumb

I'd think eventually that motor will be available in a GS/RT, interesting
Can't see that happening. It would almost certainly be too heavy and not able to produce near the HP/TQ/Fuel-economy/Emissions levels the lighter R1250 or R1200LC engines.

Like you, I really like the style and concept.

I see it as a styling exercise that could be turned into a production bike with a few changes. It would definitely become the pinnacle of their Heritage collection.

To my way of thinking, the biggest things would be enclosing the drive-shaft and switching to fuel-injection disguised as carbs. Dealing with signal lights, mirrors etc. is an easier issue to deal with using modern LED options and electronic mirrors, etc.

Can't see that happening. It would almost certainly be too heavy and not able to produce near the HP/TQ/Fuel-economy/Emissions levels the lighter R1250 or R1200LC engines.

Like you, I really like the style and concept.

I see it as a styling exercise that could be turned into a production bike with a few changes. It would definitely become the pinnacle of their Heritage collection.

To my way of thinking, the biggest things would be enclosing the drive-shaft and switching to fuel-injection disguised as carbs. Dealing with signal lights, mirrors etc. is an easier issue to deal with using modern LED options and electronic mirrors, etc.

:thumb

[size=+4]+1[/size]

Give me an R12-0RT any day, thank you.

I want a '91 R100. A standard monolever.:thumb :) like the Concept 18, less plastic is better. But, to reach his own. :)

Right.. I test rode an RnineT a couple years ago and felt so naked and exposed on it. And nowhere to put my stuff.. lol. What if bad weather comes up? I like motorcycles to be practical and capable of actually traveling somewhere with my gear. Bikes that are just for short rides and/or posing don't really interest me and now that I'm retired I don't have enough money for impractical toys anymore, haha..

I like the look. Makes a great showroom piece. I would prefer a R Nine T with some blacked out touches and old school looks for actual riding. Good on BMW for making this, I hope that the addition of all the EPA / NHTSA reflectors and catalyzers and signals don't wreck a very clean and original look. Also, a little less chrome would be good.

Back